Every child is one caring adult away from success. If you're interested, Josh Shipp's website is www.onecaringadult.com.
So what can you do?
Are you in a position to actually take a child into your home?
Are you in a position to volunteer or mentor a child outside of your home?
If not, are you able to come alongside someone who is doing so and help - by sponsoring an activity for the child, providing a meal here and there, offering child care (requirements vary) or help around the house? Are you able to make donations of clothing and gently used toys and games? (Our Charlie came into the system with a pair of shorts (no chonies) and one sandal. That's it, folks.)
At the very least, are you willing to pray for people you know who are fostering or adopting children? And really, there is nothing "least" about prayer. I am often told that people are praying from me - friends and family of course, but don't forget the kid from Chick-Fil-A (who continues to tell me each week he's prayed for me), people from my former church home, co-workers of my Ro's, Bible study partners, friends of friends, friends' Bible study groups, Jesus Himself... it amazes me... and when I think of how difficult some days are, I wonder how it would be if I didn't have the prayer and love of others to sustain me. If you're one of them, THANK YOU! Sincerely, thank you!
Since I'm on the subject, why don't I throw out a handful of specific prayer requests? Things we are asking our Abba Father for:
- bonding with each family member / that we would all see Charlie as if he were a Wiggins from the day he was born
- complete psychological and emotional healing from his traumas - we don't see the affects of this on a significant basis, but we are praying that they will never be a greater issue for him again
- that what I'm teaching him in regards to reading would just "click" - he is very far behind
- that Robert and I would have wisdom and discernment in our parenting of Charlie
- that Robert and I would be effective in sharing Jesus with him
- that Charlie will come to know and love Jesus and have a saving faith in Christ
- that God would guide and bless the new name Charlie will take at the adoption
- that the adoption will proceed on schedule (this would be miraculous), and ideally around 5/25 or 5/26 (since I'm hoping family will be here for J's graduation)



No comments:
Post a Comment