I'm sure you don't want to hear all the details but suffice it to say we finally dragged ourselves into the doctor on Tuesday and G and I both have pneumonia. I was actually surprised at G's diagnosis, as I thought she was pretty much over it. I was feeling so bad I got a shot in the rear to get the antibiotic party started.
I've had every symptom I think there is: chills, fever, congestion, cough, headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness. It's been insane. And although G and I both finished our course of antibiotics yesterday, we're still not feeling 100%. This thing really kicked our butts.
But finally I thought I'd make myself sit down and post. I really love maintaining this blog and posting so you have to understand that if I haven't posted in over a week, I've been really sick. I'm so far behind on everything - phone calls, e-mails, posting, paperwork, laundry, etc. I'm really hoping that tomorrow will be a good day, a productive day. I need it.
In the meantime we had our first real snow. We woke up Wednesday morning to about three inches, and it's just now beginning to melt off. It's so beautiful.
Our Thanksgiving was nice, although different and quiet and low-key. I wasn't feeling good of course and it's just not the same without Mom, Deb, and Pop here. Still, we made the best of it. I talked C through much of our cooking, and she pulled off a delicious dinner. We played a couple of games and got to watch the movie Holes.
Our 2007 Thanksgiving Menu
Chilled Berry Soup
(I'm so glad C remembered to include this; one of the highlights of our meal)
Santa Fe Cesar Salad
Dinner Rolls
Roasted Turkey
(prepared by Mom a couple of weeks ago and frozen until Thanksgiving)
Grandma's Yum-Yum Sweet Potatoes
(came out a little runny but still tasted yum-yum)
Corn Bread Stuffing
(came out a little soggy but still tasted okay)
Gravy
Grandma's Velvety Custard Pie
(mmm... the bomb!)
Our Thanksgiving centerpiece.
Ro had to go back to work on Friday, which is always a bummer. The kids and I pretty much just hung out for the day. Yesterday I made it out for the first time since last Saturday and we got lunch at Mimi's (corn chowder, mmmm). The kids helped me make a batch of fudge and we also visited a church last night that meets on Saturdays and enjoyed most especially the great convo afterward.
We did make it to another church today. I'm sad to report I'm getting pretty burnt out on the church hunt. It's so discouraging for me to get up each week, feel optimistic and hopeful, go to church, and just come home let down again. I know it's just a long process, but it sure does get tiresome.
I took the kids to see Enchanted today as well. It was cute, different. Came back home though and I've been vegging out ever since. I just feel like I have no energy at all.
So anyway, that's the happs for the past week. Thanks for missing me. :)



1 comment:
glad youre back. we HAVE missed you. got all that palmdale gunk out of your lungs, exposed them to all kinds of stuff...and voila' you get pneumonia. now that your lungs are used to the clean air, you should be fine. the snow is beautiful...think fire, book, blanket.
g
Post a Comment