Tuesday, November 06, 2007

P.S.

C went to her Christian club meeting on Friday afternoon and a new girl came who she knew from some of her classes. When it came time to request prayer, this girl asked for prayer for her aunt who was pregnant and had found out that there was a chance that her baby would be born "retarded." Interestingly enough, C was able to encourage her and pray with her because of what we went through when I was pregnant with G. I thought it was neat that C talked to her about it and prayed for her.

Coincidentally, I read an interesting article recently in World Magazine by Joni Eareckson Tada - interesting and sad. I wish the whole article was available online; the good part especially is left out. It's about Down's syndrome profiling, and it's worth reading if you have access to the magazine and/or want to pay $5 for access + a trial subscription (8 issues - actually a good deal).

It makes me think of when I was pregnant with Miss G and how devastating it was to consider that she might have Down's - even knowing that these kids are among the most loving and kindest kids on the planet. It was sure a trying time in my life, and in hindsight, I really regret having the amniocentisis that carried with it risk to my daughter. I chose to put knowing (which would in no way would have affected whether or not I chose to carry her to term) ahead of my daughter - and that was wrong.

I'm thankful that God protected her, and forgives me, and has blessed us with an incredible (albeit rather busy), beautiful, healthy little girl.

~~~~~
I'm excited because my Mom and sister are coming soon. They'll be here in about 49 hours, as a matter of fact. The house is a mess, but I just can't seem to concentrate on things long enough to get anything done. I'm kind of overwhelmed with all things on my list but I'm totally jazzed they'll be here in two days. I can't wait.

Not much else to say... G is a handful, as always. :) She's jumping now, so that's pretty fun. When she squats all the way down to get a good jump she doesn't get off the ground, but when she doesn't think about it much, she does pretty well. I've been working on her to say Grandma but no dice.

I think I'll go let Calgon take me away.

Prayer Needs:
  • Safe travel - Mom and D
  • C's health - healing and wisdom and peace
  • K's pregnancy (and C's friend's aunt's pregnancy, too)

No comments: