Saturday, November 17, 2007

Do You Ever Just Think in Bullets?

  • I'm sick.
  • And I'm freezing. And it's not because I'm in Colorado, either. It's only 52 outside and inside it's a toasty 71. But I'm freezing. I want to go to bed but I wanted to say hello first.
  • G is still sick, too. Our colds have moved down into our chests. At least I can take stuff. I feel so bad for her, though.

My WalMart is Better than Your WalMart (at least to me!):

  • No one checks your bags and receipts when you leave.
  • There are plenty of people at the cash registers, even on a Saturday afternoon when there is a plethora (that's for you, D) of holiday shoppers in the store.
  • None of the signage is sub-titled.

My Kids are Finally Getting It:

  • I asked C and J Friday night what they wanted for dinner. "McDonald's?" I asked with a resigned sigh. J said, "No, not there. They don't have good toys and their food isn't even that good." :)
  • Miss G is mostly staying in her high chair these days, rather than escaping and sitting on top of her dinners.

Good News:

  • Ro's diploma arrived from TMC on Friday!
  • G is getting her appetite back. Today for lunch she ate two apple slices, two French fries, and drank a bottle of milk. Not much, I know, but it's better, really.

Jesus is the Reason for the Season:

  • I've been seeing some Christmas lights pop up here and there around town. It feels so early to me. Really, it's not even very cold, just a little chilly. But we saw them on one house the other night and on Friday I drove home after dark by the lake. Across the street from the lake is a park and it had some neat lit-up Christmas decorations placed by the City. Pretty neat.
  • The local newspaper has been reporting about some controversies in neighboring Fort Collins concerning disallowing Christmas displays (I'm not sure to what extent, to be honest; I haven't read much on the subject, but the local sheriff was reported to defy those guidelines the other day and light a Christmas tree in front of the police building.) Sometimes life gets too PC, don't you think? But last week when we drove up to nearby Estes Park I was *delighted* to see a nativity scene in the middle of the park in the middle of the town. And on the way out, we saw other "people" from the scene... the wise men were on camels near the entrance to the downtown area. Very, very cool.

G'Night All. I hope you have a wonderful, God-focused weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

California is the only place in the world where they check your receipts against your bag.

Anonymous said...

UUUUMMMMMM...cool. yeah.
I agree with Anonymous up there.