All week I kept forgetting to write about this, but I thought it was pretty cool so I'll share now.
Last Sunday we attended a church we'd been to once before. It was the first and only church we repeat-visited. Anyway, we knew they didn't have a kids' program during the service so we talked to the kids, especially J, about that - about how it honors God for them to be in there, even if it's hard for them to sit still and listen. Anyway, I was pretty impressed with both of the kids through the service. J participated in the singing and C took notes on the sermon, which was about the lost and being purposeful in sharing Christ with people you build relationships with.
After the service we went to lunch of course and talked about it some as a family. The pastor preached about two parables - the ones about the lost lamb and the lost coin. It was neat that the kids understood the stories and we talked about it throughout lunch.
Anyway... fast forward a few days and imagine my surprise when Joshua told me that he shared Christ with one of his friends at recess...! I was incredibly surprised because it was completely unprompted. I don't know if it's coincidence after the sermon or if he specifically sought to apply it to himself. Either way, as he told me the details of the conversation, I was so moved and proud of my son. He shared from his heart and told the boy about heaven. So cool.
Also a couple of weeks ago C asked us about The Lord's Supper. She's actually asked us before about it but she never asks at the right time; she always asks during the service, and it's rather difficult to explain such a thing to a child in the middle of the service... and as I do all the time, I forgot to explain it to her later. Well, we finally sat down after dinner last night and discussed it with her, and we talked about some other things as well...
So lo and behold C got up this morning and made excellent use of the extra hour we had because of the time change. On her own she got up and read several chapters of Genesis - and took notes. It was neat, too, because she came out to show us and we talked about Enoch and how he was special, and then, would you believe, the sermon in church this morning was about Enoch? Pretty neat.
And G? Well, she's learning to say, "Amen!" :)
Sunday, November 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment