The other night before J's concert, Ro was to meet me at Hallmark, so I could go in and get a card without bringing all of the Wiggly ones inside with me. I pulled into the space in front of the store in a small stripmall. Through the windshield I could see the Hallmark store, a market on the left, and directly to the right a wine and beer store. Ro hadn't yet arrived.
So the kids were in the backseat and I did what I often do. I adjusted the rear view mirror to the night position where I could see the baby behind me. We made eye contact in the mirror, and I waved, and then I blew her a kiss. Just as I sent the kiss through the air, my eyes looked beyond the rearview mirror, where I saw two guys coming out of the liquor store, staring at me curiously.
Quite embarrassing, you know, to be caught waving and blowing kisses at complete strangers while waiting for my husband to arrive...
~~~~~
The other day I told G that Grandma would be here very soon. She narrowed her eyes, looked from side to side, and said, "Where?"
Later I told her I'd give her five bucks if she'd say "Grandma." She just looked at me and said, "OK."
~~~~~
Prayer Needs:
- M and N flying to CO today; D, P, and M driving. G flying to CO on Wednesday.



No comments:
Post a Comment