Friday, December 07, 2007

Oh, it IS Friday! Yay!

You know that song... Six o'clock already, I was just in the middle of a dream...? That's how it was for me this morning, when C burst into our room and exclaimed, "Mom, Dad! It snowed!"

See, we from sunny southern CA... we get excited over a little snow. :) Out the window it looked like we got maybe an inch or so, and it was still coming down lightly.

I took J to school awhile later and I just had to marvel at the beauty. The trees... they are just breathtakingly beautiful to me. The first snow we had -> melted before we left for church. The last snow we had, a couple of weeks ago -> I was sick as a dog and couldn't enjoy it. So today was the first snow we had where I was able to see more of it than out my windows, and man, it's so gorgeous.

From balmy to snowy in a handful of days.

What I like, with the snow and living here, is that this community is snow-ready. The streets were clear, most of the drivers know what they're doing. I didn't have any problems taking J to school, and although it took him a little longer, Ro didn't have any troubles getting to work either, and he took the Sentra.

So today feels like a stay-in-your-pajamas-read-a-good-book-and-drink-hot-chocolate kind of day. Pajamas - well, I don't really have them, but no, I haven't gotten dressed, so maybe that counts. Read a good book - well, I've got a lot to get done around here with Christmas coming, so maybe later. And hot chocolate - I cannot make good hot chocolate at home. This frustrates me, actually, because I *love* hot chocolate, but nothing I do at home comes out like what I can get in any restaurant. Maybe someone out there could tell me how.

Still, I think it's a stay-at-home day, at least for now. I still have more shopping to do, but after the past three days, I'm resigned to the fact that doing it with G is just... hmmm... not fun. She's all right for about one store, but usually by the second or third, she is absolutely done.

(I usually bring a bag of Goldfish or something to snack on to distract her in the stores. Did I tell you the other day that I didn't even notice for quite awhile that she was sticking them down the bottom holes in the shopping cart? When I finally caught her I was horrified to find a trail of fishies and smashed cheese cubes behind us all through the store.)

So... as for shopping... I guess I need to either get up early, before Ro goes to work, or wait until he gets home. I really only have a couple of other things anyway that have to be purchased really soon. The rest can wait until my troops arrive in a couple more weeks. :)

~~~~~
I was re-reading some of my blogs today as I'm in the process of backing some things up on the computer. Anyway, I wanted to give you an update on C and her friend situation. I'm happy to report that although C's friend (the one who is constantly breaking up and hooking up with a boyfriend) has not moved away, the girls have kind of drifted apart. Instead, C has made a friend through her Christian club, and they seem to be hitting it off rather well. This girl, A, has been real sweet and I think it's a better fit for C, for sure. :)

~~~~~
Sometimes, when I put G down for a nap, she cries in protest. Actually, I'd say most of the time, but the crying is over by the time I've walked across the room, shut the door, and sat down at the computer around the corner. Sometimes, though, like today, she is so tired that she's ready to go down. I put her in bed, covered her with her special blanket, and she waved to me and said, "Bye!" :)

And speaking of Miss G... she's telling me she's stinky, and from the smell of things, she's right. Time to go...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SNOW!!!!!!!!! yipppeeeee
just a reminder....don't eat the yellow snow.