Monday, January 07, 2008

'08 '08 Feeling Great

The first Monday of the New Year. A new year. A new week. A new list. New pens. Don't you just love new beginnings, fresh starts - all the potential they hold? I'm excited.

We had a great weekend, focusing on our family. Sunday we worshipped again at a church we like fairly well. We've been there, oh, I guess, about 4 or 5 times now. We like it well enough but we're a little cautious about becoming members. We may go to their membership class next month and find out more... we'll see.

It is neat, though. Chris goes to a class for middle schoolers and they always have donuts, candy, or fondue ~ sure to win over any pre-teen. J goes with all the primary-aged kids and has a great time in there each week as well. The sermons have been decent and the worship has been pretty good. They meet in a high school, but they evidently have more $ behind them than we did at our former church and a LOT more workers.

Anyway, after the worship service we had lunch again at McGraff's (kids eat free on Sundays and we like free, for sure)... while Grace napped we finished our first family-read novel of the year, Book 1 of The Spiderwick Chronicles (movie coming out in February). Later we went to Old Town Fort Collins again and did some ice skating, and after dinner we played some more Catchphrase, a game I loved playing with my youth group and I purchased over the holidays.

Ro and I watched American Gladiators last night. How fun! It was fun to watch because we were fans of the original. In all - just one of those wonderful, fulfilling weekends.

Today, though... although I'm excited about it being Monday, and my to-do list, and my color-coded family calendar, and my goals list, and all that... this is the emptiest my home has been in weeks. It's just me and Grace. Kids are back at school, Ro at work, company's gone. I won't have many distractions to keep me from my tasks, but it sure is quiet around here.

Prayer Needs:
  • W - job situation
  • R - just found out he's been in the hospital! doing better now, though
  • colds
  • Renee
  • J - roommate situation
  • T - morning sickness all day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the prayer requests! I sure have needed that prayer the last few weeks. Luckily, I am starting to get better. Hopefully, that will continue to be the trend over the next couple weeks.