Ro called this morning and said he saw a fox on the way to work today. How cool is that? Deb saw one in Fort Collins when she was here. We've got to see so many new species of wildlife here: eagle, fox, prairie dog, deer, elk, bighorn sheep, geese. My favorite though are the geese. I love ~ absolutely love ~ watching them fly overhead in formation, honking as they go. I don't know what it is that draws me but it's absolute beauty to me. I get so tickled by them, every time I see them. Been wondering if they migrate for winter. Seems like I see clusters headed somewhere purposeful (never south) but there are still lots and lots here...
Short post today - Gracie's up and I'm sure she's hungry. It's been neat - I've been doing my Bible reading (aloud) each day while she eats her lunch. I know, I'm weird, but it's been kind of neat. And like me, she doesn't understand the story of Abraham and Abimilech either. :)
Praise:
- W got the job! :)



3 comments:
The geese are Canadian geese and they have migrated as far south as they go.
couldnt wait to share...we have been studying genesis in sunday school..and this sunday..what do you think..Gen 20. three points of discussion
1. once again abraham is trying to control the situation and made excuses for his lie rather than trusting God for His protection and guidence. however, Abraham remains a great man of faith (Hebrews)
2. god protected the promised messiah's lineage (and Abraham's great nation) by keeping abimilech from impregnating sarah.
question: could sarah have possible been pregnant at the time this happened?
3. god's almighty power is revealed to and was recognized by abimilech and his tribe
comment: sarah must have been a heck of a good looking woman at
90+...them men obviously took a likin' to her...course...lol the other comment from the galley was that abraham was pimpin' sarah ~ consider the riches he gained in the transaction(s)
and a side note...back a couple of chapters....story of lot's daughters....the ones offspring was Moab
moabites...ruth...jesse...david..jesus interesting, huh.
Dobby's comment makes sense.
G - some of those observations came up when I was discussing this w/Ro and in reading my notes as well. Pretty neat we're reading the same stuff at the same time.
Still, I am really miffed at Abraham. He doesn't value his marriage or model what a godly husband should do, and he still, as some would say, comes out smelling like a rose.
And on Jesus' lineage - yes - very cool - we just heard a sermon preached on this. In His lineage in Matthew, four women (gasp - women!) are mentioned, and each of them have a little bit of scandal linked to them. Fascinating stuff. Thanks for your comments. :)
Post a Comment