Saturday, January 05, 2008

I Love You

It's warmer here right now than it is in Palmdale. The snow has completely melted off our front yard and most of our backyard.

~~~~~
The other day Ro was putting Gracie to bed. I said, "I love you, Gracie." She smiled. I said, "Can you say, 'I love you'?" She answered, "Yes."

~~~~~
Movies we've seen recently:
  • August Rush - pretty good
  • PS I Love You - great, original love story, but much sadder than I thought it would be!
  • Mad Hot Ballroom (on TiVo) - Chris and I enjoyed this documentary together

~~~~~
It’s weird to consider that the kids go back to school on Monday. It has been such a wonderful couple of weeks. I'm sad to see them go back, but I'm eager to return to my routines again. I've been working on my list of goals for 2008 and I'm excited to start putting them into action. We've got to spend a lot of time with friends and family, see movies, read a lot of books, play a lot of games, and more, and now it's time to get back to life, back to reality. :)

Ten weeks... and we'll be in CA for a friend's wedding and to visit our other friends and family. Ten weeks... it's the longest time we've had between visits. I'd sure love to do a quick trip down in February, but after the holidays and such I'm not sure about spending the $ on it. We'll have to see, I guess. Actually, I wish I could be in CA on the 12th for Kathy's shower, and I wish I could be in Vegas the next weekend with my sis! But, my great grandma used to say, you can wish in one hand and piss in the other and see which one fills up first! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That wasn't Grandma Grant, was it? Because I don't remember hearing that one.