by Contributing Guest Writer, Christianne
Friday, February 29th
Today was pretty good. I just came home from LOCKER (Lord Our Christ Kids Eternally Reborn) club, a Christian club for LEMS (my school) students. I enjoy it a lot. It was pretty neat-one of the activities was to tear up these pieces of paper and come up with a picture. It was pretty difficult, especially since we didn’t know what we were doing until we actually ripped up the paper.
Then I went home and played the Wii. I played this fun game called MySims™. In this game, the person who kept the town (of which you get to name) up and running mysteriously left, and so did other people, as they saw no reason to live there. It’s up to you to help bring the town back to its original condition. Pretty cool game. When I first got it, I thought it would be a little childish, but actually, it fits my age. I really enjoy it. There’s also some content that a six-year-old wouldn’t understand, like this one time this person was conducting a séance. Of course, I don’t believe in doing that, so I didn’t join in, but anyways…
Saturday, March 1st
I had to get up at 4:15 AM. Dang! Way too early if you ask me. But there was a logical explanation for this: I got to go skiing today!! Yay!
The trip was hours long, though. Fortunately, the bus had TVs, so on the way there one of the chaperones popped in the movie Ratatouille. Lucky me. I wish my friend (I’ll just call her A) A were there, she owns that movie and really likes it, so…Anyways, they also offered snowboarding lessons, which she wanted to take. Poor her, she didn’t know! She just thought that it would only be ski lessons. Well, now we know: wherever there’s a ski lift, there’s going to also be snowboarders.
When we got there, kids unloaded their snowboards and skis. I just stood on the sidewalk with three other kids who were learning how to snowboard. The others, who have lived in Colorado so long they actually knew how to ski/snowboard, just took off to-well, somewhere. I have no idea.
My health teacher (whom I’ll call MS) was one of the chaperones, so she led us to the Ski and Ride School, where we would get fitted to go skiing. I mean, the snow there was actually real-back in California, it would be a miracle to receive snow. Anyways, I met my ski instructor, who I’ll just call E. She’s really nice, and she has this really cool accent. She’s from South America, so…
We learned how to stop (“Pizza!” as it was called. Pizza formation!) and to slowly ski down areas and turn. And to just do regular skiing, you have to be in French fry formation. Wow. Talk about being at an eatery, though I was learning about a sport. J This was also the first time I went on a ski lift. I was really scared the first time, because the lift went so high! I’m afraid of heights! Oh well. It turned out okay, though. What happened was that E and I were on it together, and I felt really safe. I felt even more safe with the safety bar over us, too-I am SO thankful for that. Anyways, we got down safely, so I’m really glad about that. We got to ski down the hill twice, and then it was time to go.
It was also a good thing my parents prayed, because I didn’t get injured (except two little scratches on my leg from the boot being fit too tight-my mistake) and I made it home safely. Thank God!
Sunday, March 3rd
Today I got up from a nice sleep in the basement with my brother. I know it sounds kind of awkward and strange, but it’s a weekend tradition.
I was still sleepy. I don’t know, that’s how my brain works! Get up while still drowsy! Gosh, that part of me is totally messed up…Anyways, I wish my body would have accepted more sleep, because as I said before…*ahem* 4:15 AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was no excuse, though. We still went to church. I mean, I like it, but I want some sleep!! Come on, peoples! It’s beauty to the eyes! It’s obvious that I haven’t slept!!! Aaaaahhhh!!
Oh well. So we went to church. Yay! On the way there our parents gave us a challenge to go speak to someone we want to get to know better. I was going to do it after class, but my mom came like, SUPER early. Boo hoo on me. :(
So then later my parents told me to put on some pants. I didn’t want to, but I figured that if they tell me to do something, I’d better do it. Then they told me to put on some tennis shoes, because I was going to be standing up a lot. What for?
It turned out to be a Newsboys concert!! There were also three other bands playing, too-Newworldson, Article One, and Rush of Fools. I loved the songs. We got some rainbow ice Dippin’ Dots, a hot pink Newsboys shirt, a CD for Rush of Fools (they said it was to help pay for their tour bus. Glad to help. J), and a button from Article One. It was a very cool experience. It was also my first concert.
The only downsides are that it was freezing cold and that we got home by 10:40 or something like that. :( I mean, for crying out loud!! It was hot on Saturday, and on Sunday it was freezing. What the heck?!
And I’m still tired. I didn’t get to sleep in at all this week, so waah. :(
Oh well. Both skiing and the concert were wonderful experiences, and the concert was a good bonding experience with my dad. :)
Bye!
-Christi
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Good job! Are you going to be a World Class Author?
Uncle Mark
Good job Christianne! I enjoy snow skiing and like you I'm afraid of heights! The ones that scare me the most are the lifts that are high and DON'T have a safety bar!
Hopefully, I'll get to go skiing again someday. BC
Sure I'll be a World Class author. :-) I like writing a lot, so...
Post a Comment