I am pleased to tell you that Mom is getting around so much better these past few days. She still gets sore and tired but isn't using the chair or the walker much. She found out that she actually has multiple fractures, but I'm excited to see her up and around for the most part. This morning her cell phone rang in the other room and I had to call her Zippy since she scooted so quickly to answer it. :)
We had an appointment to view two homes one Monday and it was canceled as they both went under contract. A few days later the same thing happened with three other homes. We do have a possibility on a home that is not listed yet, but we don't know what's going to happen with that. Prayers are still appreciated!
Our friends have decided they want to geocache, so were pretty excited to take them out one day last week and show them the ropes, so to speak. Well, lo and behold, it had been exactly one year since we've gone caching! Our skills are a little rusty, and we only found (as a team of about 11) one of two caches - but it was fun! Last night Team Wiggy went out and scored another one on a river bank. We've really missed that and we hope to do more now that we're going again.
Ro was off July 3rd and the 4th of course, and we had a busy little weekend... with a lot of rain. Ro set the tent up and they slept in it one night despite the rain and kept mostly dry. The following night it rained a lot and last night just didn't work out (which is just as well since Ro did have to leave for work this morning like at 7 and we had some of the loudest thunder and brightest lightning I've ever seen and heard through the night). We barbecued in the rain... and those burgers took quite awhile because of it. We went and saw Johnny Depp's new movie Public Enemies. Josh and Ro practiced their William Tell skills. We watched the rain stop on the 4th just in time for the fireworks, and our little batch of nice, expensive, but legal fireworks didn't do much to impress with all the illegal but impressive displays going on in the neighborhood.
Yesterday we were to have our 2nd annual block party but canceled because of rain. Hopefully it'll be a go for tonight.
Wookiee has grown so much in the past month and we laugh and laugh as we watch his antics with Velcro. Velcro pretends he hates him, but he chases him and swipes at him playfully. It's pretty funny when they lie face to face a few inches a part and growl at each other.
What else???
I guess I'd better go get ready - we have a busy day today. Mom and I are going to work in the library at the church for a couple of hours and run some errands before the party (hopefully) this afternoon. Sorry I've missed posting - I've actually been missing writing, but things are just busy and I haven't been on the computer very much at all. I am looking forward to things calming down a bit - I miss blogging and caching and scrapping...
xoxo



3 comments:
glad to have you back and kickin'
enjoy that weather whilst we bake. another good reason to join you in loveland. ...or nome, alaska, even.
happy house hunting!
Glad to read your post and also that Carol is doing so well. I have been checking in with Pop every Wednesday and Sunday to make sure he is doing OK.
Seems like Colorado's economy is beginning to recover a bit, at least within the real estate area.
Post a Comment