... and head on over to the Crocodile Dock. That's where ALL THREE of my children spent the morning - at VBS. It's an exciting day when ALL of your kids get to be occupied for three hours every day for a full week! The youngest is old enough and the oldest is a helper, and... yay!
I only feel a little bit guilty for not being a helper. But if you know me at all, you know that I'm actually helping a lot by NOT being around more than 100 children. Really.
On a serious note, it's a little bittersweet to see Gracie all dressed up for her first day at VBS. She's such a big girl now, and she's going to be more like Josh than Christianne when she goes to school for the first time in a couple of years - never looking back. Got a taste of that today when she happily chose her teacher Miss Megan over me.
"What'd you learn, Grace?" I asked when she got home. "Moses," she said, as if there's no need for further details.
She was covered in marker, hair falling out of her ponytail, and promptly fell asleep as soon as she got in the car to come home. But she was sure happy... and that makes my heart smile, too.
~~~~~
Yesterday we finally got to have our 2nd Annual Neighborhood Ice Cream Social. It was fun - great weather. We had sundaes, popcorn, and the chocolate fountain. The kids did the bounce house for awhile and played in the Slip N Slide. It was a good time and I hope we continue the tradition.
xoxo
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Funny... today Kayleigh was going through her bible page by page and all of a sudden she says "Mommy! I found it, it's Moses!" Sure enough, I looked down and the picture on the page is the Red Sea opened up.
VBS all over the land! it must be summertime.
At our Church last night we caught the "Boomerang Express" to the land down under! It was awesome and I think I had as much fun as the kids! Emjoy your quiet time!
Hey now! One should never forget the Thought Dock even for a moment. That's not to take anything from the importance of VBS. Actually, some principles learned at VBS and such, are applied at the Thought Dock. Remember the reference made to the ecologist wearing shoes much like Moses? Without VBS experience, no one could not relate to that statement.
Our VBS was last week, "Amazon Adventures." I bowed out of helping, too, for the same reason as you! Just NOT into dealing with a bunch of other kids this year. The 3 hours every morning of peace and quiet was heavenly!
Post a Comment