Can you name that tune?
So yesterday we had a super fun and relaxing time chillaxing at the library. Grace did really well in Storytime, which probably wasn't too hard because I got the times mixed up and we only were there for the last 10 minutes. :(
And Ro came home and got us and we had dinner at a new-to-us restaurant called The Armadillo, which was the whitest Mexican restaurant I've ever eaten in, given our skinhead-looking, shaved-headed, eyebrow- and lip-pierced waiter. -- It was decent but not fab. I have yet to find fab Mexican food in Colorado.
And then we headed to our first Rockies game...
Where our seats were purchased through Ro's work for a special night hanging w/the coworkers... where I thought our $4 seats were just a great discount for said employees... where actually we just sat in the regular $4 seats known as the Rock Pile...
And as we headed to our cheap seats, it began to rain... Mind you, I did check the weather and there was only 10% chance of precipitation until 10pm, when it was supposed to shoot to 30%. It was sprinkling by 6:30...
And a really nice guy gave us a free parking pass which saved us mucho dinero (sorry, had Mexican for dinner) and a lot of time hiking to the field in the rain...
And we climbed to the top of the Rock Pile for our fab $4 seats in a city whose altitude is over 5200 feet (I don't think altitude really bothers me much, but I had to throw it in there for extra sympathy)...
And it took about 15 minutes for my heart to slow to a normal rhythm after we sat down and when Robert looked at me and said, "Do you wanna get anything from the concession stand?" I looked at him like he was a crazy man. I wasn't gonna leave these seats until I was leaving the stadium...
Which actually turned out to only be at the end of the 6th inning, because there was a rain delay and we were evacuated from the Rock Pile because of the wild lightning that was now striking in every direction...
We practically ran to the car... I've never seen lightning like this - all around us and constant - you may think I'm overdramatizing here, but I'm not - although it wasn't like it was all striking the cars around us or anything. But to me, it was scary, because our beloved Colorado is the state with the highest number of people struck by lightning every year...
And it took about 15 minutes for my heart to slow to a normal rhythm when we got back in the car. That was an adrenaline-filled adventure! We might owe our very lives to that man who gave us free parking, you know!
Never a dull moment with us.
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
What a great adventure!
amen to that!
guess i will have to cancel my dreams of a surprise visit. i don't like lightening...only to watch it. maybe. but maybe not.
And, you seem to have forgot to mention that the Rockies lost again and the Dodger won again..
I never claimed to be a huge Rockies fan, but I am disappointed they lost to the Braves. I am definitely a Braves anti-fan. And a Raiders anti-fan. And a Trojans anti-fan. And a Cowboys anti-fan.
I love that the Dodgers are doing so well this year, but to quote my ever-sports-wiser sister, "They'll break your heart!"
Since no one has named that tune, I guess I will. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
So when are you fixing me chicken dinner? I'll see if I can make it!
Post a Comment