Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fit report

FFR.


MFR.


TFR.  Third time's a charm?


Joined a group via Facebook and an old high school softball buddy called Fit Friends.  We each "buy in" for $20 and at the end of 12 weeks, whoever loses the most weight in terms of body percentage wins the prize.  First prize is 50%, second is 30%, and third is 20%.  We now have 100 people playing along ~ you do the math.  It would sure be nice, just in time for Christmas.  We weigh in for that on Tuesdays; thus the TFR.


So for that, I've lost 2 pounds.  For the purposes of our ticker I'm in the same spot.  Yes, I've fluctuated some.  Oh well, at least I'm losing currently and not gaining overall, right?


For those of you familiar with it, I'm resuming The Lord's Table's eating plan, and I began walking again this week.  Two days of getting up wayyyy too early, but once I'm out and walking I do love it.
  It's also the only way I can really focus on my prayer time without too many distractions.  (Oh, don't get me wrong - I'm still fairly easily distracted!)

So I have no idea where we're at on the week numbers with Deb and the others who have joined us, but I'm still down 7.5 overall with 12.5 to lose for this phase.  Almost halfway there; maybe by next week, especially since I'm back on track with my eating again.  Anyone else care to chime in and report?

And, as I've shared with most of you, my struggles with food are entirely a spiritual issue.  In my Bible reading today I came across a great passage that I think I'll share as a means to "chew" on it further:

Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep.  For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed.  The night is far gone; the day is at hand.  So then let us cast off the works of darkness and put on the armor of light.  Let us walk properly as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and sensuality, not in quarreling and jealousy.  But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires.  Romans 13:11-14 ESV

Oh, and one more, from Proverbs:

Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life; he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.  Proverbs 13:3

Praying for application, that I (we) make no provision for the flesh, to gratify its desires, and learn to keep my (our) mouth(s) shut!   

And, as my dear friend Kim closes her letters, so shall I, with

Eyes on Him,
b.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

always look up :)
geo

wshotshot said...

Great post Beth!

Lil Sis said...

love the post. Chime Chime...I'm down 37 pounds and still counting! And I hope you kick some Fit Friends butt!! : )

Love ya sista...