Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I probably shouldn't even say this, but...

... if I've had time to do anything in the past week, I've had time to think.

And I have to say that one thing I'm feeling... know this - I hold no anger or anything - but one thing I've been feeling is a little bit of disappointment... in some people I guess in my life.

I have actually been amazingly surprised and blessed by the support I've received from several people, including out-of-town friends willing to come in and help, out-of-town family offering to help with our kids, our previous church family's calls, a customers-turned-friends calling with unending support and willingness to help transport kids, a couple we've known only for a few months who has stepped up to bring us a meal and check on us frequently, etc...

So what's my problem?  Unmet expectations, I guess, from:

~  a friend I consider close who hasn't called or e-mailed me to see how we're doing.

~  the pastor-friend we have who knows that Pop's time is near who hasn't visited or called, offered to comfort or counsel, prayed with us, or anything.

~  other than the couple mentioned above and a phone call from one of our pastors yesterday, no contact from our current church family.

~  people I've served out of love and friendship at tough times in the past not being in contact to offer encouragement, support, whatever.

Believe me, it's not like I'm expecting a lot.  A text from a friend, an email, a call - it all means a lot to just remind us we aren't alone.  Many people have obviously already done that - and if you haven't, I'm sure not trying to make you feel guilty.  In fact, the people I had in mind when I started writing here are very unlikely to even read this... I just wanted to get these thoughts and feelings out of my head.

Again, I'm not angry, just disappointed.  All kinds of excuses can be made, but whatever. I know I'm not better than any of them... and I wonder how many times I've disappointed others as well... but I hope I will be more sensitive to people going through these types of things in the future.   

OK... I'm over it now.  Letting it go and turning my

Eyes on Him,
b.

1 comment:

wshotshot said...

Your feelings are understood. People will always disappoint us because well, they are human. That is what I love about God he is always faithful, always there and never ever disappoints me! I love you!