- New toys.
- New calendars.
- New pens.
- New goals.
- New perspectives.
- New font.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17
What a year 2010 was for us - challenging in many, many areas, but marked with blessing as well:
Tough to meet everyone's needs - Pop's, kids', husband's, pets', etc. Blessed to have had all my needs met - spiritual, physical, relational, etc.
Tough to struggle with finances. Blessed to have a roof over my head, electricity, cars - more things than we really need.
Tough to watch friends struggle. Blessed to know the Answer to every issue.
Tough to watch people suffer, decline, pass away. Blessed to know that there is more that awaits us than these frail bodies and this broken world.
Tough to wear many hats. Blessed to be sustained through all of it by the One who carries my burdens and renews my strength.
Tough to struggle with my sin. Blessed to be freed from it - from its consequences and its power over me.
I could go on, and on, and on. You know I can. But really I just wanted to stop in and wish you a blessed 2011 - and to pray that you will know the same blessings I've known in 2010 - and more... that you will either come to know Jesus this year or, if you already do, that you will come to know Him better and better.
Because really, at the end of the day, at the end of the year, at the end of your life, that's all that really matters.
But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith - that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and may share His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.
- Philippians 3:7-11
Happy New Year,
Eyes on Him,
<>< beth ><>



2 comments:
you're on it :) thank you for the reminder.
You are an inspiration to me. Thanks!
Post a Comment