So I made myself get up, take a shower, and get out of the house today. It wore me out, just a short jaunt to get gas and go to K-mart, but at least I did something. I've been working on laundry here and there, too. The problem now is that phsyical activity makes me winded, which makes me cough and cough and cough.
G seems to be doing fine now, though. :) For that I'm thankful!
So anyway, I'm in K-mart today, trying to find a shopping cart that has a seatbelt for G. (Because I already tried one without a seatbelt since there weren't any available in the first stack of 10 or so carts, and I already went halfway down the main aisle, and I already had to tuck little Miss G's legs back into the holes half a dozen times, and I was now returning for a cart with restraints.)
So, anyway, like I said, I was pulling out a number of carts, trying to find one that would hold Miss G down, and an older woman stopped to chat. (Notice how polite I am in my description of her, mind you.) She commented on how cute G is, how big her eyes are, and how sweet she is... and then she asked me if she was my granddaughter.
My granddaughter!?!? Sheesh. Now I know I'm no spring chicken (my grandpa just reminded me of that recently), and I know that if, in fact, I'd started young, then it would be biologically feasable for me to have grandchildren, but to assume that I am a grandma? Wow.
I always thought self-control was one of my weakest character issues, and yet... I was very self-controlled today. I guess I was too stunned anyway. I was pretty shocked and could only mumble a "No, she's my daughter," before I could get away.
Grandmother? Really? That one stung.
On another note, I wanted to pass this along. 'Tis the season where a lot of people ask us to give - not just the traditional (and costly) Christmas gifts and all that goes with it, but to "extra" people and places we normally don't contribute to on a regular basis - bell-ringers, Samaritan's Purse, Lottie Moon, etc. It's a wonderful thing to share out of all the blessings God has lavishly given us, but I wanted to share with you an opportunity to make a difference in other people's lives that would only cost you a few minutes of your time. If you take a few moments to share a story (about sharing) on http://www.spreadthesharing.com/, the cool people from Shedd's Country Crock will donate a meal to America's Second Harvest, which helps feed people across our own country who don't have enough food on their tables. So far they've provided over 300,000 meals. :)
It only has to take a couple of minutes for you to share a story (and you can share more than one). And you know what it did for me? It reminded me that I have so much to give, and there are so many others in need. It reminded me to take some time out this holiday season (and throughout the year, really!) to share with others ~ whether it's time, talent, or treasure ~ we all have something we can share with others.
We are so very, very blessed. Even if we do look old. :P
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I always have a roll of Duct tape nearby. It fixed most every emergency I've met. Could have worked well to restrain G in the shopping cart or to shut shut lady's mouth when she made those mean remarks to my first born.
Post a Comment