... which is odd, considering every part of my body feels exhausted.
I've taken my hot bath, read a good chunk of a book, and I still can't sleep.
Maybe I'm feeling guilty, I think, because I haven't blogged in a few days.
So here I am.
I'm feeling better, for what it's worth, but still not great. On Tuesday Ro called my doctor and she prescribed another course of antibiotics. These are supposed to be very strong, of the last-chance-before-we-hospitalize-you variety, which is ironic because I am feeling better than I was. Yet the shot in my backside and the first course of antibiotics didn't knock it fully out I guess. So today I'm on day 5 of a 7-day regimen. I do think I'm better, but I still get winded and cough. I still just don't feel quite right. And the antibiotics have given me a slight allergic reaction in the form of a rash across my neck. Fun times.
I think I'll make it, though.
J has been sick, too; he missed the last three days of school. He seemed better today, though, I think. I hope. Keeping an eye on him...
C, G, and Ro are all doing fine.
Today we went into Old Town Fort Collins to look around a bit and find a costume for J's book talk on Monday. He read Beyond the Sound of Music by Maria Von Trapp and he has to dress like her on Monday for his talk, and briefly discuss the biography. Pretty gutsy of him, I think, to choose a woman. He's going to dress as a nun. :)
The air was pretty cool - low 30's - but no sign of the storm that had been forecasted in sight. And although it was chilly, it wasn't windy, so it was actually not bad out there. We've got to go back sometime after my cough and such is cleared up, hopefully sometime soon. They had horse-drawn carriage rides and ice skating, and we really want to check those things out.
We got our tree tonight as well. Oh, the tree stories I could tell. :) Suffice it to say that for the past several years we've gone up to Wal-Mart, randomly chosen an inexpensive tree (usually a pine about 6' tall), one that is already tied in twine, paid for it and taken it home. Such is our tree-hunting endeavors, our family tradition. I'm sorry if that takes all the fun out of it, but looking at tree after tree in the cold weather with three kids... they pretty much all look the same after awhile, don't they? Well believe it or not our local Wal-Mart (which is still better than yours) isn't carrying Christmas trees this year. (I think because they haven't fully finished the nursery part of the store.) So we went over to King Sooper's (I hate shopping there because of the way the spell it, by the way) and did the same tree search method we've always done at Wal-Mart. $24.95. Done.
It's still sitting all bound up in twine on our front porch. Hopefully we can get it decorated and pretty tomorrow. :)
Got a few lights for the house and a few more decorations. I can't believe Christmas is less than four weeks away. I have so much to do and I just haven't been up to it. I need to make a list. I am lost without my lists.
So all in all, a decent day. :)
Saturday, December 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Most Christmas trees on the lots here are $10, or you can cut your own, any kind or size, with a $5 Forrest Permit. Pretty cool. Get Well!
Post a Comment