Saturday, April 12, 2008

Am I Buggin' You?

So yesterday was a pretty fun day. We got up and made pancakes and eggs for breakfast, and J's friend K arrived soon thereafter, and then we got ourselves together and headed over to FoCo for the Science Center. I was really impressed with this place, and truly, how many places can you take your kids to where the entertainment (and education) spans from your youngest at under 2 to your oldest at nearly 12? We had a great time there.

Chris, Josh, Ro, and Grace all sampled some gourmet edible larvae. They came in barbecue and zesty cheese flavors:
Check out Chris and Grace working the pulley chair:

After that we lunched at CiCi's Pizza - probably the most reasonable meal we've had in a long time, with great service and decent food. We came home and the boys got to work making their own rubber bugs with J's Easy Bake, er, Creepy Crawler Oven. They made quite a few and you know how I love themed activities. ;)

Ro q'd up some burgers and we played some X-Box, the 4 of us, while Grace entertained herself while squirting us all with the squirt bottle we use on the cat. It was hilarious, actually... a little annoying, but it kept her busy while we played. We laughed and had a wonderful time. And then, after she went to bed, we had Family Movie Night and watched a DVD that was pretty highly recommended to us - The Ultimate Gift. We all liked it quite a bit.

So it's been a quiet sort of spring break, but I really enjoyed the down time. It was so good to just hang out with the kids, and not be running all over the place, and doing the museum and CiCi's on Friday just rounded out a nice break.

This morning we did a little bit of garage saling... one evil ;) woman we ran in to who works at J's school reminded us that school is out for them next month! Yikes! Next month?! Where has the time gone? Seems like they just started at their new schools such a short while ago! We found a desk for Christianne's room at another sale... It isn't what I have in mind for her room for long-term, but it's a good, solid desk with built-in drawers and everything and we got it for $10. It's pretty neat, and I think she's pretty happy with it. We don't do a lot of garage saling but here and there we like it.

So tomorrow is church and we'll probably play games and do some more stuff as a family in the afternoon, and then we get back to our routines - kids back to school and Ro back to work. And me... back to routined chores and all that jazz. :) I've got a cabinet to fill (and hopefully after tomorrow, a final bookcase for G's room), laundry to do, toilets to clean, and I've got a bug up my butt to get some scrapbooking done. We'll see what actually does get done by the end of the week...

No comments: