Thursday, April 17, 2008

Yes, You Do

So the highlight of my day yesterday was getting sound on my blog. :) I'm not especially computer literate and I wouldn't be able to do this blog at all if Blogger didn't make it really easy to lay things out and move them around. I am kind of proud of myself for figuring out where and how to add music, though. You don't mind if I pat myself on the back for that, right? After all, it's for your listening pleasure as well. (And if you don't like the music, you can press the pause button or mute your speakers.)

The second highlight of my day was changing Ro's ringtone to one from Go, Diego, Go! :)

We had two days of gorgeous weather and warm temps - got up to the low 80s. I shaved my legs. Walked to J's school. Thought about planting daffodils. And then, of course, it snowed. It was light snow, and it didn't stick, but, hmmm... it's weird here. The quote of the day yesterday was the weather girl saying, "We have a spring storm coming in to give some relief to this heat..." Heat?!?! Sheesh.

This morning Ro was frustrated with a spreadsheet he was working on and shouted, "I don't want to use this crappy program - it sucks!" Grace didn't even look up from her work on the windowsill with the wipes she swiped but chimed in, "Yes, you do!" She is such a card. She brings us so much joy and laughter. Sure makes me tired, though - just this morning she's been in C's room no less than 4 times and has completely torn up the loft.

The other kids are doing well. J got all his goodies yesterday from the AHA fundraiser. He is about halfway through the third Harry Potter book, which makes me ecstatic. He has been reading books that are novels or novellas for awhile, but that are pretty easy for him. These are a little more challenging and he's loving them. Chris is being re-tested here for gifted and talented education, since the records that came from CA didn't include test scores. We had such a frustrating year last year that I'm not at all concerned about whether she "makes it" or not. (I don't know what the difference is, but J was placed into GT within the first few weeks of school.) Chris is having some issues with a friend at school, but I guess that's one of the biggest challenges about middle school and that age anyway, right? She is still enjoying her cooking club, making Mexican food this week and ice cream next month. I can't believe there's only about 6 weeks left of school!

Birthday season begins for us soon - Mom, Dad, Ro, Josh, Chris, and Grace, not to mention a few friends we have tucked in there as well, and Mother's Day and Father's Day. Then these last few weeks of school are filled with so much as well. Chris has two field trips, and Josh has field day and a carnival and tonight an art show. Busy, busy. Ro is finishing up a Bible study next week at church, too. And me... I just try to keep everyone organized. :)

In the News:

1 comment:

geo said...

heard sound yesterday...dont today...ah...how about that....the mute button was on. : )

love your new pic. hardly recognized you.