Thursday, June 26, 2008

Almost Home

Mesquite, NV

It's quiet right now, except for the hum of the fan, the click of the keypad, and the stirrings of the elder Wiggy Ones. Grace and Mom are asleep, the other two are on their way, and I'm finally at a place where I can sit and blog without feeling like someone is waiting for me to move along. :) Don't get me wrong - I've been grateful to those who have allowed me internet access! But it's just nice to not have people waiting for me to get off the computer.

We got here around 7 I guess. It only took me until 11 to have a chance to blog. :)

I'm tired, really tired. I'm not looking forward to spending all day tomorrow in the car with three kids. I've had some back issues as well, but I seem to be on the mend from that. I hope hours and hours in the car don't do me in. Today went all right, so I think we can make it all the way tomorrow. I hope. I sure do miss my Ro, and I miss my bed almost as much. :P

I think this might be the longest I've been on a trip. LOL Man it felt good to go and not be too rushed... it was good to see a lot of people without the rush of trying to fit everyone in in a quick few days. And now that I've been out of the AV for 10 months, I am finally feeling like CO is now my home. Does that make sense? I've always referred to the AV as my home, but it isn't anymore, really. The only reason I'll continue to go back is to check in with my peeps.

That said, we did enjoy certain things that Cali offers ~ the beach one day and an amusement park another. It was relaxing and hot and busy and quiet all at the same time. It was a good trip, and it would have been perfect if I could have been successful in convincing a handful of people I love to just follow us on out of there. ;)

Ah well... on to other things. I think I'm too road- and kid-weary to write very profound things tonight.

Here's your free tip for the day. We discovered a site called Gas Buddy that has been pretty helpful on our trip so far. Even if you're not traveling, you can check it out for the best reported gas prices around your town (although it doesn't have every city yet).

And lastly, Mrs. B (Talena) is working hard to bring her little girl into the world this evening. Pray for a safe delivery and a healthy baby. My friend Jo also went into the hospital this week for various tests. And will you pray with me for my friend Lisa's family, that is separated by distance due to job situations and such? Thank you so much, my friends.

I guess I should try to get some sleep - who knows how long Miss Grace will sleep before she gets us all out of bed. Lord willing I'll be home late tomorrow night and will be blogging again by Saturday.

Sleep tight.

No comments: