Looks like the sun is beginning to come out, after raining for almost 24 hours. Must be just for you, Mom. :) We got some rain off and on yesterday, but in the evening it began raining steadily throughout the night and all day today. I love it, but getting used to spring and summer in Colorado is sure different from what I'm used to in southern California.
Finished cleaning today... have dinner ready to put in the oven... I even mopped. Strange, isn't it? Some days I can really just zip through my chores and some days I can't even look at the list. I even had time to scrapbook today. I'm jazzed because with Mom coming and the trip coming up, I wasn't sure how much time I'd have over the weekend. I'm only one page shy of my June goal now. Sweet! I've also been experimenting with some new techniques and patterns, and so far I'm liking what I'm doing. It's so fun and relaxing to me!
So we've got a lot going on in the next couple of days. I haven't done anything to prepare for our trip to CA yet except plan rest stops around what look to be good geocaches. It's only Thursday anyway. :) Grace's birthday gift has arrived in the store so we're going to pick that up today and hopefully get it assembled so she can play with it before we leave. It would kind of suck, don't you think, to give her a gift, let her look at it, and then throw her in the car for a 3-week long trip...? Kind of like all those Christmas mornings when we were kids - get up, open gifts, and then go to relatives' homes for the day. Yeah, well, that's another topic for another post. Anyway, we're going to give it to her a little bit early. Her birthday's only 3 days away anyway.
Guess I should scoot. I need to find a bra, get Grace dressed (yeah, it's almost 4:30 in the afternoon, but heck, it's summer), make room in the car, and head down to the airport to accept delivery on a well-used but very needed and much appreciated nanny - er - mom.
Maybe I will have time to scrap again this evening...
Thursday, June 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment