Aren't those among the 5 sweetest words in any language? Especially coming from a 9yo boy following a complete bedroom overhaul? I must say he never complained, and we finished completely cleaning his room today. We vacuumed hamster bedding out of Joshua bedding. Straightened bookshelves. Stored endless numbers of Legos in their proper spot. Threw away a big bag and a half of trash. Made sure toys were in the toy box and stuffed animals were in the stuffed animal box. Sorted through papers. Hung posters, our CA license plate, a calendar, and a bulletin board on the walls. Found lost items. Found lots of dirty clothes. And emptied one more box that had yet to be unpacked.
The result is awesome - a calm, neat bedroom. Even J is impressed. It feels sooo good. And the best part was not how nice it looks, or even how he was helpful and wanted to do it. The best part was that he appreciated it when it was all done.
Tomorrow the plan is C's room. Judging already from the sighs and eyeball rolls I've been getting, I'm not sure we'll have such an enjoyable experience. Ah well, it still needs to be done.
Mom will be here in a couple of days. I'm really looking forward to our upcoming road trip. The only thing I dread besides the price of gas is sleeping at night. Grace just never sleeps well in hotels.
It's thundering outside now. I love thunderstorms. Especially in the summer, and especially when they don't have anything to do with tornadoes. It is nice and cool and I think I'll go in and read for awhile. (Speaking of which, I'm reading Wicked. We saw the performance on stage last year and it was amazing and unforgettable - a fabulous time. I would recommend it to anyone. The book... well... I'm not sure I'm going to finish it. I *hate* not finishing books, but man, this book is really crude. I want to hang in there for the story (it has a lot more depth than the musical) but I'm not sure I'll be able to.)
So anyway... I'm off. G'nite ya'll.
RIP Weather Pixie. I'm extremely saddened by your absence. :(
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
My, how things change! From one whom once had the darkest, gloomiest, cluttered, and dingy dungeon of a bedroom (and would gladly accept discipline rather than clean it); to a mother that is praised by her son for showing him the way to a clean and well organized room. Congrats!
Post a Comment