And considering we made an 11-hour drive yesterday in just 12 hours - with three kids and a smoker - I think that's quite impressive, personally.
All is well. We've just spent the morning enjoying biscuits and gravy (I just learned how to finally make gravy right after cooking with Pop on this trip; we made two batches of SOS - mmmmm... much to my heart's delight and my tummy's turmoil, but it was goooooood!) and cleaning out the Pilot. It took a long time to unload, and then I vacuumed it out, and then Ro had to shampoo certain parts of it, as, yes, Gracie got carsick somewhere in Utah and it was, in her words, "NASTY!"
We pulled into the driveway around 9:30 last night and were delighted to see a huge WELCOME HOME banner and balloons and streamers courtesy of our neighbors. How cool is that?! :) Although we were tired we stayed up until after 11, just keyed up and glad to be home. Oh, and we had to wait for Grace's night-night blanket to go through the wash (see previous paragraph if you're not quite with me).
And all is well. I slept in my own bed, which I missed so very much. I loved on my hubby, who I missed even more than my bed ( but it was close, haha). The cat drove us nuts. Hamy didn't seem to care that we were back.
It's good to be home.
Some trip highlights:
- Visiting with friends and family. That sounds so trite when I write it and those words don't convey how much that really means to us. But having dinner with people or hanging out, seeing some extended family - even cooking with Pop or working a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle with Deb and Mom - all of it - spending time with the people we love - that's a gift.
- Pop singing "How much is that doggy in the window?" while Grace barks along with him.
- Our trip to the beach. I absolutely hate going to the beach, because I hate the sand. But seeing the kids' just delight in it - all three of them - and watching Grace experience it for the first time - what a treasure.
- Getting held up at Knott's Berry Farm (literally, lol).
- Pop's cooking. Mmmm... his chicken, his roast. And mmmm... SOS.
- Really feeling like this - Colorado - this is home now. I sure miss our people there in soCal, but being back there... I'm so glad we made this move.
A couple of tidbits:
- Ro was offered the job I'd mentioned to some of you. It wasn't a promotion, but still within the same department but for more money, but, as it turns out, not as much money as we'd anticipated, so he turned it down. There is another opportunity to pursue, so we'll just see how things work out.
- Talena gave birth to her little lady last night. :) All is well, although it ended up in a C-section. Thanks for praying for them, and please continue to pray for them as they recover!
- Another prayer need - our friend W: health.
My li'l weather pixie has disappeared again. :( Reminds me of the characters in portraits in the Harry Potter series. Hopefully she'll turn up again soon. I really like her!
Well, well, now - much to do. Enjoy your weekend, everyone.



No comments:
Post a Comment