Well, well, well... :)
Got up before the sun this morning and picked Ro up at LAX, and spent the rest of the morning in Buena Park with my friend. We had a great visit and a relaxing time before we had to head back to the AV. Josh is at a playdate over here on the west side so I'm using my sister's computer to check in. Grace is being a pill so I'm not sure how long it will last, but I'm trying to save gas by hanging out over here. At over $4.50 a gallon, I don't know how you Californians are handling it!
Finding internet service has been an issue. The places that have it - for free, or even for a price - don't have a place where I could occupy Grace for more than 15 minutes. The kids do a good job looking after her but I can't ask them to do it for very long: she is a busy little thing! Most places have it but not for free - even Panera has limited it now to 30 minutes only.
I wish Deb lived on the east side!
Even using others' computers has its disadvantages; ie I can't upload photos for the blog. Oh well, this is better than nothing!!! :)
I got to visit Kathy yesterday and her kids. Boy, J has grown up so much and little Z is such a cutie pie. It was nice to be able sit and hang out for a few hours while the kids played in the water, instead of just meeting them for a quick lunch as we've had to do on our last few visits to the AV.
We have much on the agenda for this week while Ro is here... visiting mostly, and we hope to get a trip in to Knott's. We're tolerating the heat - boy that's something I didn't miss - but it hasn't been too terrible. Looking forward to church tomorrow and visiting with our brothers and sisters in Christ for awhile, and Pop (of course) is cooking for us afterward. Mmmm... my favorite... chicken, rice, and gravy. And poor skinny Deb won't be there so I guess I'll have to eat her portion, too! lol ;)
Gonna go check out geocaching.com and see if I can find any new caches around here to keep us busy until we have to pick up Grace... caches that don't require too much effort since it's 97* outside. Thanks for missing me, and Happy Father's Day to those to which it applies. :)
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment