Monday, October 06, 2008

Outsmarted by My 2-Year-Old

Grace just said, "I wanna see Memaw. I wanna see Debby. I wanna see Memaw and Debby. Can we? Please?" :)

~~~~~
On Saturday, we had a marathon house-cleaning day. Sadly, it had been awhile, and I was having company on Sunday, so there was a lot to be done. Christianne and Josh chipped in and did a lot of things to help me. I did pay them, sort of - we have a marble system - but even when I pay them a lot of times there is still a lot of whining and complaining.

But this Saturday was different, thankfully! There was very little complaining, and at the end of the day, I treated them to Burger King before we did a lot of shopping at Wally World. It was a good day, but by the time we put the last items in the cart, everyone was kind of just, you know, driving this wonderful mother of 3 absolutely nuts.

Mom. Mom. Mom. Mom. It seemed like that was a constant, constant refrain. Mom. Mom. Every mention of the word was getting on my nerves. And so I made a decree: "Stop it! I don't want to hear the word Mom again tonight!"

So Josh, my smart-alecky child, said, "Mommy...!"

To which I lashed out: "Nothing! I don't want to hear any of it! No Mom, Mama, Mommy, Mamacita - nothing!"

There was complete silence for about 30 seconds.

And then Grace said, "Mother?"

5 comments:

Memaw said...

LOL That a way Gracie!!! You keep everyone guessing and in doing so you make life fun.

Anonymous said...

That Gracie is just too smart!
When I used to get tired of hearing "Mom" I would just tell the kids I have changed my name!

Anonymous said...

Funny you should blog about this today. Kayleigh has been saying Mommy ALL DAY! She must have read this and found that it could get under my skin.

Ro said...

She's going to be a lawyer.

geo said...

wait until she learns your first and middle name.