Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sometimes I Wonder: Are You Just Messing With Us?

This is the most recent picture I have of my Ro, taken a couple of weeks ago as he installed a new hanging light in our (currently empty) dining room. (By the way, the light was new in the box, and we got it for $5! I think it's our best garage sale find so far.)

But there's a point to this photograph. Look carefully at my Ro. Look at his hair.

Once upon a time, we were brand new Coloradans (although I prefer to say and write ColoradOans), and, being the good citizens we are, we went to get our drivers licenses. Now that was one of the few things about our transition that truly... um... to use Grace's latest word... sucked. (I know. Don't say it.)

It was an all-day thing. By the time our numbers came up, we were more than ready to be done. At that time, you might remember, the time when we left Cali, Ro looked more like this than the picture above.
Oh wait, wrong picture. That was me. I'm sorry, here's what Robert looked like about a year ago:

So when it was Robert's time with the warm, personable DMV clerk that day in the drivers license office, she was filling in all his vital statistics. Height. Weight. Eyes. Hair. Robert quipped, "It would be brown if I had any." And the sweet lady replied, "I can see that." After she finished, Robert looked down at his temporary license to find that under hair she'd written BALD. We've chuckled about it several times over the past year.
Anyway, last Sunday, Robert and I went on a date. (If you haven't yet seen Fireproof, go see it.) Robert was driving, and he wasn't intentionally speeding... but you know... we were talking and ~ sure enough ~ he got pulled over.
The police officer was very nice. He still gave Robert a ticket (his first in MANY years), but he wrote it down for a smaller consequence than what was truly deserved. But we had to really laugh later, because as I was reading the details of the ticket on the way to the theater, under Robert's hair color, he'd written GRAY.
You know... it might be funnier to us than to you, but it cracks me up. Yes, Ro has some gray in his hair, but it is still predominantly dark, right? Too funny.
On a minor note, I am getting sick and I have an unspecified business endeavor event this weekend. Please pray for me! Thanks!

1 comment:

geo said...

go with the gray.