I was pretty shaken today. You know that feeling you get when something you've believed to be right for years and years and years turns out to be wrong?
Maybe you don't. And I'll admit it's a somewhat new experience for me.
But today I was shaken.
I've always been a pretty good speller. One of those things, thankfully, that came naturally to me. I don't claim to be the BEST speller - Christianne's Bee experience last spring definitely proved that for me - but still, decent. Imagine how I felt today when I found out that I have been spelling a word the wrong way for decades?
The word of which I speak is pronounced: few-sha
You know, the pink color.
Do you know how to spell it correctly?
Yes, it has an 'S'!
Which I knew, by the way. I just evidently put the 'S' in the wrong spot.
So how do you spell it?
I'll wait while you spell it.
...
...
I spelled it like this: F - U - S - C - H - I - A
But the correct spelling is actually: F - U - C - H - S - I - A
Really!
I know. I'm shocked, too.
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I thought your spelling was correct!
Thanks for telling me. If that is on the spelling test, I'll have to thank you!
When you are in the library you can say ffffEW......SHHHHHHHH.....AAAAAHHH
hardy har har.
I do find it amazing that YOU have been spelling a word wrong! Of course that is why I don't use that word, but just write PINK!
Post a Comment