I have many, many things swirling through my head at this moment. I'll try to take them out so I can clear my head, like the Pensieve I've mentioned before. Maybe once my head is cleared I can sleep. Here we go.
~~~ I had a most wonderful 16 days with my mom, sister, and grandpa from California. I thought about blogging certain things here and there, and I did get a couple of posts in early in their visit, but as it got closer to Christmas, I just so wanted to be able to soak in their being here. They left this morning and it was sooo quiet here. The Wigglets went back to school this week, Ro was at his 3rd day on his new job, they Cali Crew had left - heck, even the TV died. It was just Grace and me. We did a lot of sleeping.
~~~ From what I understand, it has been colder in soCal than it has been here. Today we had a beautiful clear day, no wind, in the 40s. The entire time the Cali Crew was here it was clear, except for a handful of snowflakes once or twice. The crazy thing was the 100 mph winds we got one night - they shook the house! It was really weird, and a little creepy. Especially for one of us, who you might think would never be afraid of something like a little wind. Or little spiders.
~~~ I paid $1.25 for gas the other day.
~~~ The first few days the Crew was here we were busy getting things ready for Christmas, then having Christmas itself... but it didn't take long for Deb to just get busy. She encouraged Chris to clean out her room (I helped with that part) by promising her a room makeover. We spent a few hours cleaning and the next day Deb painted (with some help from Chris) the room... Chris also got some new Cubeicles and a desk... I would post pictures but it is not quite finished. We have one more unit to install, shelves to paint and hang, and I am finishing curtains that I am making out of a fabric shower curtain that matches her new comforter. Hopefully we'll be done with the Extreme Makeover by next week. I sure wish I'd taken before photos.
~~~ I saw a very different movie this weekend - Seven Pounds. Go see it and let me know what you think. I really, really liked it, and I thought it strangely coincidental how it tied in perfectly with our sermon that same day. I don't want to spoil it, so I won't say any more about it.
~~~ I almost forgot to mention the Extreme Makeover, Garage Edition! Deb cleaned out a chunk of the garage - the piles and piles of manly crap that had yet to be sorted, unpacked, and organized since we moved in. You know, like how when you finally do you find you have 7 hammers, 13 screwdrivers, half a dozen extension cords, ETC., because you can never find what you need when you want it so you go buy another? She cleaned out the tool area, hung pegs and tools on the pre-existing pegboard, and organized the majority of it. It looks SO nice in there now.
~~~ I got very spoiled at Christmas with a number of new cartridges for my Cricut, and I took a basic class for it last weekend. I've been in a very creative mode, although I haven't had a whole lot of time to execute all the ideas in my brain. Getting the sewing machine out for those curtains has me thinking about other sewing plans as well and I can't wait to actually finish sewing for awhile so I can get back to scrapping.
~~~ Some time ago I posted about planners. I am very excited. :) No, I haven't found the perfect one, but I did make one that I think will work for me nicely. It's two Excel pages for each week. On one side, there is a pre-printed daily to-do agenda with all my tasks and such and an area at the bottom for each family member's activities, meetings, and etc. On the facing page, there are four sections: This Week's Goals; Hide it in My Heart (weekly Bible memorization); TMTs (10 Minute Tasks to be done as I have... oh... 10 minutes or so); and Notes. I made a cover using my Cricut that reminds me to eat my frog. It's undated so if I take a week or so off I don't waste the pages. I had 100 pages made and spiral bound and (using my discount for my unspecified business endeavor) paid less than $9 for it - which should last me just about 2 years. I'm excited!
~~~ I have my new family wall calendar hanging on the wall and color-coded by family member. Ah... satisfying!
~~~ Chris read a book awhile ago called The Mother-Daughter Book Club. Based on that book, she and I decided to have our own MDBC and are reading the full version of Little Women (like they did in the book). We are having our first "meeting" on Saturday, and I'm excited!
~~~ Do you make resolutions for the New Year? Do you keep them? I have some thoughts on this, but it's rather lengthy so I think I'll save it for tomorrow. In the meantime, I'd love to hear what you think about New Year's Resolutions, so post a comment.
I think I'm ready for bed now.
But if I can't sleep I'll come back and share what I think about Resolutions, k? ;)
G'nite all.



7 comments:
After reading a daily devotional I decided to have a Bible scripture as my 2009 resolution...Psalm 51:10 "Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me."
I have also decided to start using the precepts of WD for my eating. Picking and choosing where I think GS was right on and discarding where I believe she went off. I miss the intimacy with God that I felt when doing WD. I have had quite a few victories and my thoughts turn to Jesus now when I think of food. - Barbara
Just a thought - I found The Lord's Table to be spot on theologically and I had great weight loss success with it. (I did fine until I got pregnant w/Grace and here I am again!!!) I found it easier and better than WD in many ways - and it's free online. www.settingcaptivesfree.com
I rarely make New Years Resolutions. I just try to make goals for myself at different times throughout the year as God lays things on my heart. Although I think New Years is a good reflection time, remembering what you have accomplished in the past and deciding what you want to accomplish in the future. I definitely need to get back with the Lord's Table. Thanks for the reminder!
I decided to become more like Abba. :)
I think i may have tried the ny resolution thing many moons ago....like when i was 14. i can't say that i kept them.
2008 was a really different kind of year for me. i can hardly wait to find out what 2009 has in store for me.
following Him....
btw...welcome back. it was good to read you
From Michelle:
New Year's resolutions -- I think they are good to make if there is something at which you are continually faulty (for me it is keeping a neat office -- that will be on my list). I don't ever do a long list, just a few things. We will be making our NY resolutions list as a family at the dinner table within the next few days. Also, it never works for us if the list is made and then put out of sight or on the computer. It has to posted on a bulletin board for a constant reminder.
Post a Comment