You know, by end of day Tuesday, I was beginning to feel a little hopeful that the Lord had worked out the medical issue, since we had not heard back from RTC. As every hour passed, I had this strange dichotomy of emotions ~ that A) no news was good news, but B) the military can be very slow and waiting is part of the process. So, as I would begin to feel hope, I would also get a nauseous knot in my gut every time Robert's phone would ring.
But, after two full business days now, we have heard nothing more from the RTC.
I hesitated to write this post yesterday, because of {B}, above. I asked the Lord if He had answered my prayer. I didn't want to announce that God had answered, only to be disappointed if a call did come. Again, He simply brought to mind Proverbs 3:5-6, and I was reminded that in those moments of doubt and hesitation, I was not fully trusting Him.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will make straight your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6 esv
So, today, I am trusting that He HAS made her path straight. I am believing that when the Navy says, "No news is good news," that the waiting game of the past six days has resulted in exactly that ~ good news. I am trusting in Him and believing that He has answered our prayer.
To God be the glory, great things He has done!



No comments:
Post a Comment