... Sweeping the D'backs in four games to win the National League? You have to admire their momentum, winning 21 of their last 22 games. It's pretty incredible, and they've been fun to watch.
One of the neat things about living here is seeing how much the community supports its sports teams. Not only the pros, but there are college flags and t-shirts and such everywhere. At one restaurant we frequent, the backs of their shirts say, "Go Rams!" for CSU. It's pretty neat. Business signs all say "Goooo Rockies" and "Rocktoberfest" and things like that. It's fun. Even G has been able to say, "Go 'kies!"
My font button is missing from Blogger and it's driving me nuts. :(
OK... thanks to those who have sent me e-mails in the last couple of days checking in on me since I haven't been posting. I didn't flake out and I'm fine; we've just been busy with company for the past few days and I haven't had much chance to get on the computer and blog. My dad and his wife are here from OR, checking out our beautiful town and spending time with the grandkids. It's been a fun week, and I'll share some of those highlights in a later post.
For now, I promised pictures of the gorgeous fall colors, and believe it or not, I have only one, and Blogger isn't letting me upload any pictures today. The last two mornings I've taken my camera when I've gone out and it's been so foggy I haven't been able to snap many. Plus it's kind of hard to do while I'm driving. I'll try to get some more as I'm out and upload them as I'm able.
In the meantime, we're all doing well. C is learning quite a bit on her trumpet and I think even she is encouraged by her progress. We've been treated to a few private concerts lately, and it blows me away (no pun intended) to see how someone so slight can get all that air through that horn. J is enjoying some more challenging projects in his GT class and finished one this morning on dinosaurs. He is looking forward to the Odyssey of the Mind gig getting up and going.
G is doing fine. She's been pretty sweet lately, which makes me a little nervous. Her vocabulary is improving. She's consistently able to say yes, no, uh-huh, (without mixing up the yes and no like she used to do), thank-you, doggy (with panting), kitty (with meows), and milk. When she sees a horse, she whinnies. :) I still can't get her to say (or even attempt) her sister's name or Grandma, though. Yesterday we saw some elk. I told her, "Look, G, there's elk!" and she said, "Milk! Milk!" and whinnied like a horse. :)
Wednesday, October 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment