It's been a busy but wonderful week here. Dad and Denise came from Oregon for a visit. Actually, they went to soCal for Deb's award two weeks ago and to also visit Den's son, then east to Colorado Springs where Denise's other son and daughter-in-law and grandson live, then north to see us. I guess they saved the best for last. ;) They left Thursday to cross Wyoming and Idaho back to their home in Florence.
We had a great visit with them. They made it in on Sunday afternoon, and we got to show them around briefly. They like the house and the area. Ro made chili and we watched the Rockies win again. :) On Monday I was able to drive them around town some and show them some of the reasons why we are loving it here. C gave them a tour of her school, we did a little shopping, had dinner out, and came back home to watch the Rockies win again. ;)
Tuesday was a cool day. After I took the kids to school, I picked Dad and Denise up at their RV and we drove up to Estes Park. There were still elk on the golf course, but we weren't able to see any other wil
dlife, like big-horn sheep, in the canyons. The weather was cool but we still had a good time browsing the shops and grabbing lunch before we came back to town to get the kids from school. Grandpa D bought the kids speedometers for their bikes and got them installed. C drove around the neighborhood at a respectable 10.5mph. J is still working on his bike skills, but Grandpa D worked with him some and I think it helped a lot. C made creme brulee, the recipe she learned in her cooking club, for dessert. It came out so yummy - even better than the one she brought home from school. I'll try to post the recipe for you soon. We loved it.
On Wednesday, I took Dad and Den to lunch at Runza. This has become one of my favo
rite places to eat. Driving by it, I never would have stopped, but a neighbor recommended it to me and I'm loving it. Anyway, I'm not so sure they are is impressed as I am, but hey... :) What can I say? The kids had a short day and we picked them up from school and went and walked around the Benson Sculpture Garden. I love this place. I've only been to one little piece of it, so it was cool to explore the majority of it. The kids had a great time as well, really getting "into" the art!
After the sculpture garden, we headed over to Baskin Robbins for a treat. G had her first ice cream cone. It was hilarious because we didn't buy her one; she jacked it from Grandpa D!
We ordered pizza in for dinner that night and sat and talked for several hours, while the kids (esp G) tore up the loft. The kids hated saying good-bye and have a hard time understanding why we all live so far apart. Don't we all, I guess?
And Thursday morning Ro and I went out to the RV park after the kids were at school to say our good-byes. We chatted for awhile again, and said good-bye. All in all, we had a great time with them here.
And let me tell you, the rest of Thursday... I didn't do a darn thing. :) I had a gloriously lazy day. I rested, caught up on several episodes of some shows I TiVo... and just kicked back. It was so relaxing! :) And heck, I don't have to clean the house again until the 7th when the next wave of family comes in for a visit!
Today the kids are off school. This is odd, here, I have to admit. We don't have the typical days off school like Veteran's Day and Presidents' Day and other Federal holidays. The only holidays other than the big ones that we get are Memorial Day and Labor Day. We do get these "teacher workdays" off though, here and there throughout the year. It's pretty strange to me, but it all adds up the same. Weird, huh?
So they are off today and we are going to drive over to Ro's work so they can see that he does, in fact, spend his days slaving away for the good of our family. We'll go to lunch together, and then J has a playdate set up this afternoon. I'm planning on hitting the library and WalMart as well, and C and I are excited to check out Hobby Lobby for the first time. I'm glad it's the weekend. Hopefully we can have some fun this weekend.
Incidentally, last Sunday we went to a great church. We enjoyed it so much that I'm sure we'll be back. I'm definitely looking forward to finding a church home. I have to admit there is something cool about not being too involved - not having to get there two hours early to unload things, prepare lessons, etc., but we know in our hearts that that's just not us. So it's been a good break from that but we are really looking forward to plugging in somewhere and getting involved to some degree.
All right, 'nuff said. Have a good weekend, everyone.



No comments:
Post a Comment