Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Rockie Night and Creme Brulee

Well since the Rockies just walked in the third consecutive Boston run and are now losing by twelve, I figured my time would be better served by checking in and posting a blog than sitting there frustrated. :( I'm sure glad the World Series isn't just one game!

G has had a rough day today. She woke up from her nap and was playing in her crib when I heard her start crying hard. I came in and she'd bit her lip somehow; it's nicely red and puffy. Later she tripped and smacked her forehead on the stairway gate. She's also been quite into things and even gave me a dirty look when I told her no at one point. I think she got that from my mom! :)

Other than that and the fact that I've had a headache all day, things have been pretty calm around here. We went to C's school tonight for her parent conferences. She got her report card today (all A's but one, a B) and we met with all her teachers except for the computer guy. It's such a pleasure to talk to all her teachers, who just raved about what a joy she is to both teach and to know. These teachers really seem so compassionate and caring and passionate about both their jobs and their students, and it really came through in the conversations we had with them.

What a difference from last year.

But seriously, from her trumpet teacher (C has made great improvement despite some frustration early on), to her science teacher (possibly C's toughest teacher), each and every teacher was so encouraging and positive. We spent much longer there than we'd intended (although we clearly didn't miss much at home with the game on), but it was such a delight, and we are so incredibly proud of our girl.

J's conference is tomorrow. :)

The kids had a short day today and they're off tomorrow and Friday. Hopefully I'll be feeling okay and we can do some fun stuff along with all the chores I've got lined up for them. ;) Yeah, I'm such a tough mom. Right. I only wish Ro were off as well, but alas, someone around here's gotta bring home the bacon.

On another note, these wildfires in CA are insane. :( Of all the years we lived there I don't think they were ever this bad. We've had bad ones each year of course (though I don't remember them in my childhood and young adulthood... was I just unaware or is this a more recent occurrence?) but I don't recall anything of this magnitude. The numbers are mind-boggling. :(

One final note... I mentioned the creme brulee C made for us last week. The recipe she used is from here. Check it out sometime. Wish I had some now... Yum!

1 comment:

Dad said...

Now the Rockies could have walked 4 straight runs home. Then what? Mark it as a "4" or "IIII" or "IV." And how would you pronounce it? "Fore" or "Foe" Cheap clock imports from China impact our society as much as our domestic Eubonics.