Sunday, October 21, 2007

I'm Dreaming of a White... Halloween?

They told me it didn't snow this early.

They told me that white Christmases are rare here.

They told me that most of the snow comes after the new year, around February and March.

They told me that last winter's early snowstorms were a fluke.

And yet... we had to unpack our jackets and coats this morning.

Yesterday it was a warm 66. A number of people at the pumpkin patch were wearing shorts, even though the wind made it a little chilly. Still, 66. I laughed when Ro said snow was in the forecast.

I woke up, looked out the window and saw a blank lawn, turned back over and tried to go back to sleep. Maybe half an hour later C peeked in, excitedly whispering, "Mom! It's snowing!"

It was lovely, too... big, white fluffy flakes. After a few hours it was beginning to stick and cover the lawn. Sadly, when we got back from church it was all gone. It's still snowing a bit, those pellety types of flakes we saw from time to time in soCal, but it's not sticking, and it's not as pretty.

It's cold, too, a perfect day for cuddling and a fire in the fireplace and a good book or movie or craft. I'd better go enjoy those things before the day is all gone. :)

No comments: