We went to church this morning and Grace attended the nursery for the last time. When we return from California, she'll move up to the big kids' 2s & 3s class. That just seems like such a big step to me! After church we went to Austin's for a great lunch where Grace opened up her other gifts ~ a teddy bear and some sweet handmade items from Josh, and a Color Wonders set and Diego backpack from the rest of us. She was full of silliness. We had a great time.I was going to keep this one really short but I have a couple other Gracie-isms to share. She just cracks us up so much.
She has been singing "E-I-E-I-O..." So the other day mom and I joined in and sang the rest of the words to Old MacDonald. "On his farm he had a..." and we looked at Grace to fill in the animal. "Pig!" she said.
And the next verse she said, "Ummmmm... pig!"
And the next verse she said, "Ummmmm... pig!"
And again and again and again. It cracks us up how she has to think for a second and still comes up with pig! Today in the car we got her up to three animals - pig, cow, and kitty cat. It's always one of those three. :)
This morning we were headed to church. Mom piled in the third row with Chris and her friend; Josh and Grace were in the middle row; and of course I was in the front with Robert. Grace is pretty excited that it's her birthday. Since she's been hearing lots of "happy birthdays" for the last 6 weeks, she says it herself quite often - and today it was for her. So anyway, we've been coaching her, you know, that she's two now... and that it's her birthday.
So today we were in the car for church and Mom said, "Gracie! How old are you?" and Grace replied, "Ummmm... ONE! HAHAHA!" It was her belly laugh that cracked us up. She is such a card. Later Mom asked her again and she said, "Uno!" What a goofball we've got.
What a joy.



1 comment:
I miss my babies.
Post a Comment