Tuesday, Tuesday... how can it already be Tuesday?
Just checkin' in again. We're at Deb's using her air conditioning, er, I mean, computer. :) We had a wonderful Father's Day and enjoyed visiting with our Sonrise family at church this weekend. Pop tickled our tummies with his best dish yet - his melt-in-your-mouth chicken, rice, and gravy. Good food and a nap pretty much made for a perfect day.
Monday we went to Knott's Berry Farm. All in all it was actually a pretty disappointing visit, but the kids had a really good time. I guess that's all that matters. Grace rode rides in Camp Snoopy like she'd been doing it forever, even throwing her hands over her head like the big kids do. The kids enjoyed the log ride and other things... and I got a kick out of everyone's reactions to the hold-up on the train ride. Remember that?
My great-aunt Georgia and uncle Kenny and their daughter Susan joined us over at Mrs. Knott's for chicken dinner. It was really cool to see them - twice even in one visit.
Today we're just recuperating. Because, you know, having had only about a 30-minute snooze yesterday did nothing for Grace's nighttime (or should I say early morning) sleep habits. She did manage to stay in the playpen through the night but woke up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 5:30. Poor Robert got up with her and let me sleep a little while longer. We just had a big buffet lunch with Mr. George and now Grace is conked out on Deb's bed.
And that's that. :) Not very exciting news to blog about, I know, but with gas at this price (oh my, it's worse than I could have imagined), we aren't doing a whole lot. We've spent a lot of time just hanging out with Pop and working as a family on a 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle.
Anyway, everyone else is clamoring for a turn on the computer, so I guess my time is up. One final note - please keep Rod in your prayers as he's recovering from back surgery, and Talena, who's in the hospital trying to keep her bun IN the oven a little while longer. Thanks folks... love ya'll!
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Thank you Beth! Your continued prayers for me give me great comfort. So far everything is going great. The baby looks great and I haven't shown any signs of going into labor. The goal is to keep enough fluid in there and stay away from infection as long as possible. But, I should have this one by the end of the month. It's very exciting.
Post a Comment