Well...
I will try to remember everything I already told you.
First: Remember the other day when I thought my anniversary was a lucky day, 08/08/08? Ro read about this on the 'net - babies not only born on August 8th of 2008, but also at 8:08 a.m., AND weighing 8 pounds, 8 ounces. How cool is that?!?
It's hard for us to believe that we've been Coloradoans for a year now. Crazy. So... to commemorate our "anniversary," Ro and I made a couple of lists of what we love about living here, and what we're not all that hip on. See, we tried to be objective and balanced.
12 Things We Don't Like About Living Here:
- It's dryer than we thought it would be, even dryer than the high desert from which we came.
- I hate dirty black piles of snow from the snowplows and street grime.
- We don't understand water rights.
- DMV / licensing process / vehicle transfer process / hand-written temporary plates.
- Mispronunciation of Spanish names and words. Our trash company's name is pronounced here GAL-i-goes, rather than the correct GUY-egg-ohs. That's just one of numbers of examples.
- Home of the 2008 Democratic National Convention. Also, our governor is a 'crat.
- Ro has to commute about 35 minutes to and from work.
- The average speed around town is 40 to 45 mph.
- We're considered part of The West, but we're really the middle.
- We do not have a very attractive state flag.
- We have yet to find any good Mexican food.
- That tornado we had was pretty crazy.
And now...
The Top 12 Reasons We LOVE Living Here:
- Wildlife - especially elk, geese, deer, prairie dogs. Honk if you love geese. ;)
- Open spaces.
- Schools.
- Overall friendlier people, but not in-your-business friendly. Awesome neighbors.
- Low crime / gang activity / graffiti.
- Fabulous weather.
- Outdoor recreation opportunities, including great parks and the RMNP.
- Wonderful small-town events, especially the Corn Roast Festival and the Larimer County Fair.
- We have an awesome library and a great recreation center.
- Beautiful geography - lakes, mountains, more.
- I love our local newspaper, the Reporter Herald.
- Overall cost of living.
As hard as it is to be away from friends and family, I do love living here. It was the hardest decision we've had to make as a family, but honestly one of the best. If I could get half a dozen of ya'll out here, my life would be absolutely perfect.
Off now to watch the 'lympics...



2 comments:
uh beth....i believe that earlier post is on your prayer page...maybe?
LOL
OMG!!! Thank you so much! What a doofus I am!!! I was really worried about myself - and now I see I have reason to be. LOL OK - deleted the other post because it doesn't belong there. Thanks for straightening me out. Sheesh! :P
Post a Comment