Friday, August 01, 2008

Good Morning, Good Morning, It's a Happy Day Today

... so we sang all the way home from the pool today. Again and again and again. :) I don't even know where it's from ~ Little Bill, perhaps?

Sixteen years ago today a high school chum and a coworker named Dale and Tracie got married. We've lost touch with them and I wonder about them every year on their anniversary, and hope they are still happy in their marriage.

I'm happy. It's Friday, for one thing, and even though our weekend will be shortened by Ro working some OT, there's still something about Friday's arrival that just makes you want to breathe a big sigh of relief.

:: Sigh ::

Busy day. The kids just finished two weeks of swim lessons. I can't believe the improvement after a total of 5 hours of lessons. Chris is probably the most dramatic change, since it took her several days to even want to put her face in the water, and she didn't fully submerge her head until this week. She is a master at back floats, torpedoes, and strokes, though... and her front stuff will come. Josh has also learned a tremendous amount. He is basically swimming; he just lacks some finesse and grace. That will come, I think, with time and practice.

They both graduated Level 1. :)

I have some errands to run in a little bit - to the market, the bank, etc. - and bills to pay. Then, this afternoon, Christianne is going out of town with a friend for the weekend. She's pretty excited and I'm happy for her.

I didn't quite make my scrapping goal for July, coming up short by about 8 pages I think. But something is better than nothing, and I'm totally jazzed at how much I've accomplished over June and July ~ way more than I'd done in probably the past two years! I am looking forward to meeting my August goal.

And probably the biggest news (and related somewhat to those errands I have to run)... I have decided to return to The Pampered Chef as a kitchen consultant. :) I'm excited, although a little bit nervous, as I don't know a whole lot of people here yet. My neighbors and some co-workers of Ro's are helping me out with some cooking shows, and I have some people from Cali gathering catalog orders for me, too. I'm excited at all the incentives that we can earn in the first three months, so I'm working on a strong start! (And here's the commercial - if you're interested in earning free products and would like to host a cooking or catalog show, e-mail me!)

PC is the best thing I've found, being a SAHM with small kids. I looked at other part-time jobs and I couldn't turn up anything that would work around me being home with Grace, and the cost of childcare is daunting. I had forgotten all about PC (can you believe it's been 6 years since I was last a consultant?), when my director e-mailed me about the new programs. Pretty cool timing. :)

So here I am... with lots and lots of things going through my head... trying to figure out how to do a little something toward everything that needs to be done - household stuff, parenting stuff, PC stuff, and of course scrapping stuff. I think I'll just take a deep breath and enjoy my Friday.

Hope you enjoy yours.

PS: Don't forget: Come pray with me.

No comments: