I’ve had the hardest time keeping up with things lately, especially days and dates. I was confused right up until the first day of school as to when that was. I think it’s weird. My friend’s kindergartener started full-day on Tuesday, and her 3rd grader did half-day. 6th graders went on Monday, and Chris started on Tuesday, but Josh didn’t start until Wednesday - and they're all in the same district. Can you blame me for being confused? I’ll blame it on my dad. He had told me he’d be visiting until Tuesday but actually left on Monday (no, I didn’t tick him off). Ever since then I’ve had no clue what was what.
And, by the way, it’s not just me. Yesterday Chris called from school to tell me there was Back to School Night that evening. I had some unspecified business to take care of, and then we rushed out of here - to get to the school and find that there was no one there. BTSN is tonight.
I feel like I’m losing my mind, honestly.
~~~~~
Grace told Ro and I this morning that we needed "a pink ladder" to get something down from above the bed. Pretty clever, we thought. Just now she found Velcro on the top of his cat tree, and she's saying over and over that we need to get a pink ladder to get him down. Again, Where'd that come from?
~~~~~
We had a great visit with my dad and his wife Denise last week. We didn’t do a whole lot, mostly just hung out, but we did go to the park and church and the Corn Roast Festival. (I have looked forward to that event since we went last year. I love me some corn on the cob!) Maggie and her kids visited from Colorado Springs, and when we weren’t panicked over lost and/or hurt children, we had a lot of fun.
And now… I’m literally counting the hours until Mom and Deb arrive (25)! (It is tomorrow, right?) I told Grace who was coming on Friday and she said, “Don’t forget Pop!” Hopefully he’ll make it at Christmastime - we’ll see.
That said, I have much to do around here. I hadn’t planned on doing a whole lot but Miss Grace has been busy. I need to vacuum the crushed tortilla chips out of the couch and carpet and pick up the 371 Taboo cards that are scattered all over the living room, as well as put away the 532 toys that are out everywhere. In addition to that, I’ve been busy closing shows and taking food in to Robert’s work for my unspecified business endeavor so that I can get a few more orders and (hopefully) meet my month-end goal which would earn me some incentives on top of my commission. Sooo… I suppose I should stop bloggering and get busy. :)
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
For gosh sakes don't tell Debby about the pink ladder Gracie wants, we will probably have to go buy one and bring it with us. LOL
Post a Comment