Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sureality

The story of Jacob's death was given front-page coverage in the local Valley Press. You can read it here if you're interested.

It seems so surreal to me... at times like this... the Hefter family is devastated, of course. Scores of people in Texas are dealing with the life-change effects of Hurricane Ike. We have family members who are struggling with a plethora of life-changing illnesses. And yet, for most of us, life goes on in an almost surreal way. Robert and I went to a party last night that was so much fun. It was our first grown-up party in I don't know how long. We lost thousands of "dollars" over the course of about three hours. And today, Michael's had a very rare Cricut sale - marking their $89 font cartridges down to $39 (!). I got to go shopping and get two and I'm excited about scrapbooking tomorrow, for the first time in several weeks. And yet... my mind keeps going back to those who are just trying to deal today. Weird, isn't it?

Georgia shared this video with me awhile back, and I've been meaning to share it with you. I find it fascinating and can watch it over and over. Enjoy.

No comments: