Wednesday, October 01, 2008

How Weird is This?

On Saturday at my unspecified business endeavor, I met a woman who told me about a wonderful recipe she had made that day called Taco Soup. It sounded good, and yesterday she e-mailed it to me.

Since it did sound yummy, and easy, I headed to the store for the ingredients and made it for dinner that night. It was very yummy and very easy. I served it with cornbread, tortilla chips, and my neighbor's homemade salsa. I really liked it a lot more than I even thought I would, and the recipe made a ton. We are taking dinner to a family next week who just had a baby, and Ro and I talked how this would be a good choice, and there was so much left over that Ro decided to take it in to work today for his potluck.

So last night I was going through e-mail and came upon this recipe exchange that Kathy invited me to join. I figured why not, liked the recipe, and I sent it on to someone named Randy. Got up this morning and busy with our day ~ kids to school, Ro to work with the soup, Grace and I to Bible study.

I just got home a few minutes ago, and the first e-mail in my inbox was a recipe for me from the exchange from someone named Corlis. I bet you can't guess what it was? Yep - taco soup.

Then, not 15 minutes later, Robert called from work... turns out another lady at work brought in the exact same recipe - taco soup.

How weird is that?!

Well, it might be a sign that you should make some yourself. If you happen to be one of the few people left in this world who doesn't have the recipe, I'll help you out. It qualifies as a short-cut recipe as most of the ingredients are canned. It's super simple and very delicious. Enjoy:

Taco Soup

In 8-quart stockpot, brown 2 pounds of lean ground beef (turkey is fine) with 1 coarsely chopped onion. Drain off excess grease. Add the contents of the following canned vegetables (do not drain): 2 cans corn, 4 oz. diced green chiles, 4 cans stewed tomatoes, 1 can pinto beans, 1 can kidney beans. Add one packet of taco seasoning mix and ranch dressing / dip mix. Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes. Top with shredded cheese and/or sour cream, if desired.

I'm not sure why my font/colors are funky - sorry. Let me know what you think of the recipe!

2 comments:

Queen B said...

This is one of my very favorite recipes! We make it quite often. It is really good served over fritos and topped with cheese and sour cream, too!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! I am always looking for new recipes. Thanks for sharing it! I can't wait to try it out and I bet it will be great on some chilly fall evening!!