Saturday, November 22, 2008

Dewberries!

So Chris and Ro had a rockin' time at the concert last night. Ro has been to dozens and dozens of concerts over the past - uh - couple of dozen years (sorry, hon), and he said this is one of the BEST shows he's ever seen. Here's Chris posing with a DJ from WAY-FM, Wally:


Am I the only one who is a little creeped out by whatever that is on his chin? Yuck. No offense, Wally. Robert - thanks for not doing that.

So I am behind... on everything... behind on life... and the other night Ro had to work late so we ordered pizza. Cheese for the kids, sausage and olives for Ro and me. It was particularly good to me because we haven't had it for awhile, and the kids and I pigged out in front of the TV in the loft. Grace devoured her piece and asked for more. Pretty soon she noticed that mine was different from hers and asked me, pointing at my slice, if she could have some of those blackberries.

I told her they were olives, gave her a taste, and turned my attention back to the TV.

Eventually (yeah, eventually; I told you I'm slow these days) I realized Grace was gone, and then I heard her coming up the stairs. I said, "Whatcha got?" She opened up her hand, full of her pilfered treats, and exclaimed, "Dewberries!"

She had gone downstairs and picked a bunch of the olives off the pizza. She's the third child, remember, so okay/fine... :) She ate them and then went back down the stairs. This time she came up bringing the entire box (with half the pizza in it, nicely pockmarked from her digging). She plopped it down, exclaiming, "Dewberries!" and began to pick them out and eat them.



I love dewberries!
Oh yes, the dress. It is standard everyday playwear for Princess Grace. When we don't allow her to be fluffy, it is not a happy day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kayleigh must have been reading about Princess Grace. All of a sudden she has an obsession with princesses. When I ask what her name is, she responds, "Kayleigh princess." Although, she isn't the only princess... Me, Liliana, her aunts, grandmas and even Trey have been given the title. Trey has informed her that he isn't a princess, he's the king. She seems to remember that sometimes... but mostly, he's a princess with the rest of us. LOL

Christi said...

Post the other pictures that you took!
It was hilarious. I set up the camera so that when you turn it on, a little picture of a bird and a birdy sound comes on. I also set it so that when you take a picture a dog barks. :) Aw man. HILARIOUS!

geo said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dewberry
that kid is too smart. has she been reading wikipedia?

Dad said...

Get the Child a can of olives for Pete's sake. Pitted ones so that she can stick them on her finger tips just the way you and Geo did (do).