Tuesday, November 25, 2008

So What Would You Do?

So this afternoon my neighbor friend stopped by and asked what I thought about all the lights and sirens last night.

In front of my house.

Around 8 p.m.

Knowing I was home because all the lights were on.

Hmmm... what lights? What sirens? (OK I have to admit I really don't know if there were sirens. I'm guessing not. Surely I would have heard something, right?) I must've been thoroughly engrossed in the Samba Showdown on Dancing with the Stars to not have noticed the lights from the fire truck and ambulance parked in front of my house last night.

Anyway... I'm not really writing this post about me, so I'll go on. Turns out my neighbor across the street had some seizures or something and 911 was called. He has a wife and a baby boy. Shortly after my neighbor friend left, my neighbor across the street came home. He wasn't driving, he didn't look so hot, and his wife had to help him into the house.

So naturally I want to go over and see if I can be of some help... But I am not good at these kinds of things. It's actually the right thing to do, as a neighbor, a friend, and most especially a Christian, but I don't want to impose or be a bother... nor do I want them to think I'm standing outside gossiping with the neighbors.

So what would you do? Suggestions?

5 comments:

geo said...

where had your neighbor been? how did he get home if he wasn't driving? who was driving? did they just drop him off? where is the car? perhaps you could offer to help her get her car back. she will probably need it if he stayed in the hospital. did he stay? if not, is he back to work today? what was wrong with him? how long will he be off work? who is watching the baby? WHAT'S HIS NAME???? and,,,,,how did you find out so much information in the first place?
fyi ~ old men are far more nosey than any woman i have ever met.

geo said...

oh...and the MOST you can do is pray......always.

Anonymous said...

Just go over and see if they need anything. You don't have to admit that you didn't see the ambulance or that it was your other neighbor that told you. And you don't have to ask for details etc of what's wrong. Just lend a hand, make a meal or offer to watch their little boy for a few hours so they can rest.

Memaw said...

Actually that is how I became such good friends with my neighbor up here. The ambulance and firetrucks came one night. I went over when they got home from the hosipital to check and see if they were all right and after that we have been instant friends looking out for each other.
Is this the one with the bubbly wife when we had the party up there? Please let me know how they are doing and what you find out. Very neat family.

Anonymous said...

just make some of your great food and bring it over.