Thursday, November 20, 2008

Starting to Feel Like... Colorado

It's downright cold today, folks. I have pants on, it's so cold.

So I didn't write yesterday. And I wanted to. Believe it or not, I do try to post every day, although weekends usually become such a blur that I don't have much time. But I didn't write yesterday because I was on overload status.

It wasn't Grace. Wasn't the other kids. Wasn't the chores or the projects or all the to-do's that do tend to overwhelm me at times.

Nope. Yesterday... it was women.

You have to remember that as a stay-at-HOME Mom, I spend the majority of my day alone with a 2yo. Then add the other kids to that mix for a few hours... and if I'm lucky I get to spend some time with my Ro. But I'm not often in the company of other women.

It isn't that I'm a complete hermit: I blog. I e-mail. I even talk to some by phone here and there, and I talk to my mom several times a week. But that adult-woman interaction is pretty small in comparison to how I interact with others when you think about it.

But on Tuesday I went to Moms 4 Moms. Lots of women there - 50 or so this week - and their kids. It was fine, though, and afterwards I went back to the normal routine of my day. But then bring on Wednesday... Bible study in the morning for a couple of hours, home for awhile with kids/family, and then Flock at night - women only this week - for another 2 1/2 hours.

That's a lot of female bonding for just a few days. We're talking a total of 6 1/2 hours of that bonding in the course of 2 days. That's a lot for me.

Please don't think I don't love women - I do. I love the fellowship and the creativity and the chit-chat and the deeper talks.

But it's been a lot this week. That's all. :)

And I miss my ladies back home... I am making friends, plugging in, getting to know more and more women. It's all good, but you know, it's still all new. I miss the comfortable rhythm of the friends I hung out with back home.

It's easier here to be withdrawn and anti-social. It's easier to stay in bed and be lazy and just socialize through the wonderful wide web, easier to just focus on the family and be introverted, easier to pass the day in a good book. Especially on days like this... cold days... when just going to WalMart is too much to deal with.

Hey, though... I did get a shower at least.

1 comment:

Dad said...

I think too many women in one's life is an invitation to madness.