Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bad Puppy

So you know I've been working in the basement the past few days. Trying to unpack, purge, organize, and clean, since Chris is having a birthday shindig down there (probably) tomorrow and I had the donation people coming yesterday.

I've sold two items on Craigslist. That's always fun. I still have several more listed and haven't heard anything on them yet, but we'll see what happens.

Anyway, I was in the middle of something, so I got Grace a hotdog and let her eat it on the couch while she watched a show (I know, bad parenting) and I went back down to the basement. I was down there about 15 or 20 minutes, and when I returned, I found this:


Yes I know it is also bad parenting for it to be 1:35 in the afternoon and she's still in her pj's. But I consider it good stewardship of my money, time, and energy - if we aren't going anywhere, why waste a good outfit?

Poor thing fell asleep in the middle of her lunch. Lunch? Where's the plate? Surely she didn't have some special thing strike her, inclining her to get up and throw the paper plate away herself (that special thing would be very welcome in our house, you know, for all four, I mean, three of my children).

Nope, here it is:

Great.

7 comments:

Christi said...

Uh-oh!! I hope Grace finished her lunch first before snoozing.

Memaw said...

I see what you mean about her bangs. LOL. Amazing that the two of them could eat on a hot dog and it put them both out.

geo said...

they weren't turkey dogs were they? always go kosher.

Talena said...

Oh man... I must be a bad parent too. Kayleigh often gets a hot dog and a movie. She doesn't go to sleep though! I must be doing something wrong. That girl hasn't taken a nap for months!

Beth said...

They weren't turkey dogs, but why? Are they bad??

Talena I don't know how you do it, with 2 1/2 kids Grace's age and under... and with Kayleigh not napping. Christianne napped until first grade, Josh until kindergarten. Grace needs to nap at least until kindergarten - because *I* need it!!!

Ro said...

I'm such a good parent, I thought, That hot dog can't be good for the dog...and then I realized, it's probably not the best thing for Grace! :) Nice -- guess we have a thief in our midst.

Anonymous said...

Cooper used to drink my mom's coffee every morning. And then she'd drink the rest of it right after him. huh, mom? didn't you? ...gross