After He had dismissed them,
He went up on a mountainside by Himself to pray.
When evening came He was there alone.
- Matthew 14:23
So it was about a week ago that I posted on being a strong pray-er. Jesus Himself took time to pray. Today is Thursday, time to go through the prayer blog and make updates and pray diligently. And I thought it was very cool today that it just happened to coincide with the National Day of Prayer.
I hope you'll take some time today to be still before the Father if you haven't already. There is much to pray for, both big and small needs. We need prayer for our nation, prayer for our children, prayer for our spouses and loved ones. So... if you haven't yet, exit out of here and go pray! :)
xoxo



5 comments:
excellent idea! keep it going.
Actually, I attended a gathering of local churches in our area on National Prayer Day to pray for this Nation's leaders. Following our prayer for President Obama, I had to ask myself, why am I praying for someone who has turned his back to Christians. He all but eliminated National Prayer Day stating prayers should be private. And much of his directions for our country goes against the very basics of Christianity. But as is God's will, we gave prayer for him. Sorry to bring politics into your blog, but Obummer bums me.
Those are exactly some of the reasons why we *should* pray for him. Like him or not, his leadership is going to affect each and every one of us, so we should be on our knees begging God to convict his heart and to guide Obama in wisdom. I agree that Mr. O isn't listening to God, but that doesn't mean he won't, or that God can't intervene. God can do anything.
btw....your poll. i do care! i just don't watch it.
Sorry to say I did not even know it was the National Day of Prayer. It is sad how fast & far from God this country is going! Prayers are much needed!
Post a Comment