Friday, May 29, 2009

fRiDaY

My goodness it's hot today. Some would say boiling! It's got to be about 75 today. LOL

Well, it's over - the end of my peaceful, somewhat free existence, for the next two and a half-months. School's out, and I can hardly wait until all the bickering begins. Ro may have found a solution - he bought each of the kids gardening gloves and they're supposed to go pull weeds if they drive me nuts.

But I'm excited for the kids anyway. It's always a big day, you know - the last day of school. Bigger than the first day, I think. And come mid-August, my two kids will be the leaders at their respective schools - an 8th grader and a 5th grader. Wow. Time flies, yeah?

So we're leaving for Cali a week from today... sooo much to do, so many goals I'd wanted to accomplish by now. It's pretty overwhelming. And the trip itself is sure to be fun, but overwhelming, too - my limo/mom won't be at my beck and call since she can't even drive, and who knows what kind of stuff we will be doing to get Pop ready for his relocation... too much to do, too little time.

Tomorrow morning we are doing the Walk for Autism. If you've wanted to sponsor me but haven't, go on ahead and shoot over to the site ~ every little bit helps! I'm excited that our family has just about reached our goal. And yes, once the walk is over, I'll take down the "April is Autism Awareness" button.

Meanwhile, enjoy your weekend...

xoxo

3 comments:

geo said...

amazing

i cant wait til you get here.

Dad said...

It will be a really busy summer for you. Hang on.

Memaw said...

6 more days and you will be here! Yeah!!!
Went to Palm Springs yesterday . . . talk about being hot!!! Can't wait to see all of you and to have a conversation face to face instead of on the phone all the time with Gracie.
Love Ya