Friday, May 08, 2009

Ten


He's a decade old, a double digit now.

I think he had a pretty good birthday. I made strawberry shortcake for his class and they were great; all of the kids were polite and well behaved and several of them thanked me repeatedly. After school we went bowling with our neighbor friends and that was a nice, relaxing time. Home to BBQ Joshua's favorite - burgers - feast on more shortcake, and open gifts: new Wii games, Legos, music, and more. Want to know what I think is the coolest gift? Sea Monkeys!
Coming home from FoCo this afternoon we saw this beautiful, "teenaged" elk near a barn at a fairly busy intersection. Gorgeous.
Happy Birthday, my Josh. You are a perfect 10. I can't imagine life without you, and I thank God for my boy. I love you.

xoxo

5 comments:

Dad said...

Now Sea Horses I've seen. But Sea Monkeys?? Happy Birthdat Joshua.

geo said...

next, the voice goes.

happy birthday, josh. a perfect 10 indeed. and thats off the highboard!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, josh!

now, i want some strawberry shortcake...yum!

-amelia

wshotshot said...

Happy Belated Birthday Josh!

Memaw said...

I hope Josh has better luck with the sea monkeys than you guys did as kids. Happy Birthday my little man. : )