Friday, August 08, 2008

Eight, Eight, Feeling Great

08/08/08 - I told Ro I should go to Vegas.

But being that it's our anniversary and all, I guess we should probably spend some time together. :) 16 years - can you believe that?!? That's a stinkin' long time!

I mean a fantastically long time!!! lol)

Besides, it was probably luckier last year, on July 7th. That would be just like me to do it on the wrong numbers.

Anyway.

We were awakened this morning bright and early by the elder of the Wiggy ones. They had gotten up at 5:30, worked together, and made us breakfast in bed. And it was good! They've done this before for us, but this was by far the best breakfast they've ever made. Chris can cook a little now! We had ice water, milk, scrambled eggs, toast, and pecan twirls. Yum!

We spent the day in Colorado Springs, touring the Cave of the Winds in nearby Manitou and exploring the Garden of the Gods in the Springs. I wish I had more pictures to share with you but for some reason for the past couple of months my camera seems to not be doing so well. :( Probably 85 - 90 % of the pictures I take come out blurry. We've only had this camera a little over two years, and it's a Canon, so I'm kind of frustrated. Anyone have any suggestions?

Oh yeah, what was I saying? Here's one that came out pretty good, taken on the grounds around the cave:

We had hoped to do a couple of other things in CS today, too, but we ran out of time. We still had a fab day. All the kids were well behaved, even Grace!

Got home... made a romantic dinner for my hubby of S.O.S... and here I am. Tomorrow night Chris is going to babysit and Ro and I are going on our first date alone in well over a year. Yay!

I still need to tell you about the cowboys - I mean, the rodeo and fair - from Tuesday night. I'll get to that soon, I hope - maybe tomorrow.

I heard from The Powers That Be today as well. Evidently I'm not supposed to have an "internet presence" in promoting my new business endeavor so I have been asked to remove all related content. (Frankly, I think that's a stupid stupid stupid rule, even if I hate it when people use the word stupid. These are the 00's after all. To only be able to promote our businesses in print seems kind of archaic. But to be honest, I don't really have any other complaints about the company that I'm involved with so I guess I should just deal. Right? Right.) Some of you may be breathing a sigh of relief ~ now you don't have to hear about my business endeavor anymore through my blog. LOL

Ah well, no big deal, I guess. And rather than complain about it, I should go do something productive.

Like find the owner's manual for my camera.

1 comment:

Dad said...

I searched E-bay for items you sell through your business and found 2916 listings. Interesting...Happy Anniversary!